Shell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

3.5

545 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

They ask you to do an capacity test (prepare for this), a personality test, and a online interview infront of the webcam. Two days after (in the weekend) I got a message saying I was not through to the next round. This basically suggests that computers are checking it and no human being has actually read your application! Spend all this time for nothing! CRAZY!

Interview Questions

• Questions were related to the corporate culture and especially about how you convince people, if you adapt to different cultures easily etc.   Answer Question

Process Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

Applied online. Online assessment test. Mechanical aptitude test along with psychology evaluation. Invited to interview via email. Go in for interview. Interviewed by 2 employees. STAR questions. Was not selected for the position. Overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a co-worker.   1 Answer

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Only interested in you if you have done an internship there or gone to the right university, interview process is completely HR run and as such is a bit clueless as with most things run by HR.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Charles, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Shell (Lake Charles, LA) in January 2017.

Interview

The process was brick and not very thorough. Highly automated with little contact otherwise. First portion was a simple application, then next portion was an amplitude based survey. No feedback, just a generic rejection notification.

Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

The process is relatively easy. It doesn't take too long before they contact me to do an interview. I thought I had a good conversation but the results turns out negative and I don't know why.

Interview Questions

• Give an example that you have conquered some difficulties in your life to make things done.   Answer Question

Graduate Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shell in October 2016.

Interview

Past the online test and was invited for an interview one the same day. But had to reschedule it since their arrangement was when I was on flight. Had to wait for more than two weeks to reschedule the phone interview and got rejected two days after the interview. Not sure what went wrong. I prepared for every single possible questions mentioned online and followed the STAR structure. Maybe this is just not a good timing.

Graduate Interview

Interview

Filled in an online application, was contacted by the recruiter and was eventually successful. Then invited to a Shell Recruitment Day (a full day assessment center that included group exercise, multiple choice questions and various interviews). Performance was assessed by Shell personnel.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever received feedback on your performance that helped you develop?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Interview

telephone interview, 2 rounds. The 2nd round is major-related, and interviewed by engineers in the department that is considering to hire you. There are in total three engineers call me and ask questions about experience.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied online, was invited for 1st and 2nd test, passed them and was invited for phone interview this is behavior based questions and the interviewer was very nice. But was not selected. overall it was a good experience, just be prepared and try to pass this test and you might be successful.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Norman, OK) in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted an application in September, then had to do two assessment tests online. An issue I had was that I was never sent a confirmation email to schedule an interview. By the time I contacted Shell, in person interviews were already over. Instead I had to have a phone interview.

The interview itself is behavioral based. But be sure to be prepared for follow up questions on those behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to establish a connection in order to accomplish your goals   Answer Question