Shell Safety Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shell Safety Engineer Interview Questions

3.5

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Safety Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shell in March 2014.

Interview

Phone interview lasted about two hours consisting of experience qualifications and personality oriented questions, in person interview on campus was similar to the phone interview, followed by recruitment day in Houston, TX.

Interview Questions

• Just the sheer length of the recruitment day was exhausting.   Answer Question

Didn't fit the job they suggested.

Health and Safety Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

I met the recruiters at a career fair at my university and they encouraged me to apply through their online process. There was a pretty extensive online assessment that included a quantitative section that is timed (about 1 min/question) and covered a lot of percentage/fraction math. This lead to a phone interview about a month later. My interviewer said it was his first time using the "new process" and mentioned they have completely reworked their interview process as of February 2013. The phone interview was a little over an hour with timed sections of behavioral questions following the outline of the "what we look for" section on their website. After the structured questions, the interviewer opened it up so that I could ask any questions of him and was very candid about the atmosphere at Shell. From that he said he would grade my answers and they would also be graded by a second Shell employee to either corroborate or argue his suggestion for either passing me through to the next round or not. An answer is to be received 14 days from the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you disagreed with someone and had to overcome the difference of opinion

Pretty standard behavioral questions   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Shell in September 2012.

Interview

September-Shell attended my school's career fair. I was told to apply online (as everyone says) but within 24 hours of submitting my information, I was contacted for an interview.

My interview was fairly structured according to typical Shell manner. It was mostly behavioral. I felt confident after my interview, but didnt hear back until February for a Shell Recruitment Day.

The recruitment day was very structured, but they provided candidates with ample materials and time to prepare. I felt they were supportive and wanted candidates to succeed: the SRD could have a 100% passing rate and they specifically noted we were not competing against one another.

Interview Questions

• The case study at the SRD was difficult: in that I felt there was always more prep I could do/more I could say   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate. I was very happy with the offer and had heard it was not necessarily the norm at Shell to do so.

Fire Safety Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Harcourt (Nigeria)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Shell (Port Harcourt (Nigeria)) in September 2009.

Interview

I first of all submitted my application online. After some months the company called me up for an interview. I got well prepared for the interview andwent. I was tested with 75 questions which ranges fro easy to hard questions. I started from the easy ones and left up to 5 questions unanswered. I would rather adive other that any time they are going for such interview, they should first concentrate on the easy questions or the questions they know best so that they will not be choked with time.