Shell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017
1,094 Interview Reviews

3.4

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

The questions were mostly behavior, and easy to prepare for. I would recommend googling past questions because they don't change often. Make sure you can answer behavioral questions well. The process is much easier if you have interned there and got an offer from an exit interview.

Customer Operation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cyberjaya (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shell (Cyberjaya (Malaysia)) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a great interview experience. I would say one of the best i have ever had. Their interview process consist of a few different stages. Structural, Behavior and also technical. After finishing the interview stage if you succeeded they will have a short chit chat session. Its more of a get to know each other and you can also ask how was the performance of the interview. They are very open towards review and also very friendly.

if you are not best suited for the job they will tell you so but if they like the certain skills and quality you have they would recommend you to other departments.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you and your boss are not in the same level of understanding in a certain topic.   Answer Question

Engineering Co-op Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort McMurray, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Fort McMurray, AB (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview took place over the phone and took exactly one hour to finish. Only five main questions were asked, but depending on the answers given they would ask many more specific questions about my answer. The interviewer gave no indication of the quality of my answers and was strictly professional. Overall, it was quite a difficult process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a connection with someone in order to complete a task.   Answer Question

Planning Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shell in March 2017.

Interview

It was a great experience, 3 rounds our of which 1 is telephone n 2 are video conference at shell office. Good respect from interviewers. Mainly concentrated on the job roles n my related past experience.. 1 round was stressful interview but it was good..simple hr discussion regarding compensation

Interview Questions

• how do u react when u r stressed at work n how do u handle personal life to balance   Answer Question
    • justify core attributes of yours   Answer Question
    • live case study and solution along with pros n cons in decision making   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

it consists of many stages, the first one was phone interview, followed by face to face interview, then you get an offer. the interviewer told us that he is going to call us and we can decide the starting date together.

Interview Questions

• did you have a problem with your manager before? how did you manage to solve it?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

2 hrs of rapid fire questioning by 4-6 people. Interview team follows a strict interview script. Many of the questions had little relevance to my applicable skills and experience demonstrated in my professional career thus far.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a ridiculous, totally unrealistic situation?   Answer Question

Graduate Technical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miri (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shell (Miri (Malaysia)) in September 2016.

Interview

Very tough if you don't have technical O&G background. I prepared a lot but turns out it wasn't sufficient. The whole process was quite repetitive, and sometimes the interview questions were very vague and odd. Interviewers were very nice though. I didn't get through but there's nothing I would have done differently because I went there being myself, I did not try to impress them with things I am not.

Interview Questions

• Suggest potential pipeline routes & infrastructure/technology to use   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Makati City (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shell (Makati City (Philippines)).

Interview

First phone interview it's quite hard but still you can answer it. And then if you pass the phone interview you will proceed to face to face interview which is very hard for me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time/event you encounter business partnering   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamburg (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shell (Hamburg (Germany)) in November 2016.

Interview

First, I had to pass an online assessment. Then there was a 1h interview via phone with a Project Manager who worked in England. The interview was a lot on behavioral questions. Quite difficult to answer. For every answer they want you to give example situations. The phone interview was not really a conversation. I had the feeling that the interviewer rather just asked reformulated questions. That led to the situation, that the second or third question on a topic did not really relate to the example that I gave or that I had already answered that question earlier. The AC is still to come.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a situation where you had to make a quick decision.   Answer Question

Shell Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Like most others listed, I encountered them at my career fair, applied online, heard back within a couple days that I needed to take an online assessment. Took the assessment and legitimately thought I bombed, I suppose I didn't, because about a week later I was asked to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was about an hour long, individual was friendly and cut to the chase. Fairly standard questions. Finally came the SRD which is absolutely no joke. By far and away the most strenuous and exhausting interview process I've been through. Extremely rewarding, truthfully I left the SRD thinking there wasn't a chance I passed, but I did, so that was an extremely pleasant surprise.

Interview Questions

• It's not one individual question, but I found the e-tray exercise to be tricky.   Answer Question

Graduate Program (Entry Role) Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Hague (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Shell (The Hague (Netherlands)) in December 2012.

Interview

1) online questionnaire (something like a cultural fit). Took 20-30 min maximum.
    2) Telephone interview (was about 3 hours!) with a person from business. You should demonstrate your key competencies and be ready for a lot of questions regarding specific cases.
    3) Recruitment Day in The Hague (2-day event when you are accessed together with several other people).

And lots of emails from HR in between :)

Interview Questions

• online questionnaire: you should demonstrate that you are an honest person with ethics. If you can do something beneficial for the company but act in an unethical way - DON'T!!

Telephone: lots of questions about examples from my life. "Give example when you had to deal with an unusual task". "Give example when you had to manage a team". Lots of specific questions for each case. Preparing for this interview I wrote a 8-page long document and it was very helpful.

Recruitment Day: Read all materials they provide extremely carefully. There were 5 tasks overall, for working individually and as a part of a team. It is very important to show that you can make assumptions (e.g. if a case study does not have exact figures, you can estimate them) and be a good member of the team (e.g. if someone is silent, ask for their opinion).
      Answer Question