Shell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 8, 2017
1,289 Interview Reviews

3.3

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

The questions were mostly behavior, and easy to prepare for. I would recommend googling past questions because they don't change often. Make sure you can answer behavioral questions well. The process is much easier if you have interned there and got an offer from an exit interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shell (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

I was treated horribly and in an undignified manner, asked to perform humiliatingly inhuman tasks repeatedly despite several protests. The interview felt like a colonial slave auction. The interviewers had no interest, care or concern for others' feelings whatsoever.

Interview Questions

• What is the most denigrating task you can perform now?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Shell (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

I got a interview call on basis of my profile in Naukri.com.There were 3 rounds.
     1st Round- It was a telephonic round where 3 foreigners were there.I was asked about some basic questions like - why you apply for this opportunity ?,What do you like in current profle, different challenges in current profile,Any important decision ever taken,Domain skills,BA role in SDLC etc.This round duration was almost 1 hr.
    2nd Round : It was face to face round and completely technical. They asked me questions mainly related to stakeholder management. Any challenges, learning , my mistakes,decisions and finally my view point in that specific scenario. Really challenging round as all these questions were related to one specific scenario.
    3rd Round : Same interviewer taken this round. It was mainly related to collaboration. Like have you ever worked with multiple teams and then all set of questions described above in that specific scenario.

Process Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Chennai (India)).

Interview

There were 2 rounds of interviews. The first interview was a technical interview and was 1.5 hours long. It lacked enthusiasm from Shell's end. They failed (or were adamant not to) recognize my previous experience and international credentials (both on qualification and previous projects worked) along with strong references. The seemed hesitant to listen to how my skills/ experience could be of use to them. They only were interested in filling up the position thinking that they could get an experienced engineer for cheap/ low grade (as majority of companies do in India whether they are multinationals or not). I made the mistake of telling them that I was currently unemployed and they used this to lowball me. Not the kind of behavior, I've been used to from Shell in Europe.

They offered me a role that they usually offer new graduates (I have 6 years of experience). The second round of interview was a 1/2 hour long and was an on-site interview. The interviewer was late by 45 minutes and didn't even acknowledge her mistake.

India is a low-cost center for them. They think on that level only with no recognition for individual contribution in the future should the employee come on board. They will try to justify the salary offered by the grade they give you. They also are very nosy, inquiring about your previous salary and asking for salary proof from your previous employers.

Interview Questions

• Elaborate technical questions as well as a few HR related questions   1 Answer

Customer Operation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cyberjaya (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shell (Cyberjaya (Malaysia)) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a great interview experience. I would say one of the best i have ever had. Their interview process consist of a few different stages. Structural, Behavior and also technical. After finishing the interview stage if you succeeded they will have a short chit chat session. Its more of a get to know each other and you can also ask how was the performance of the interview. They are very open towards review and also very friendly.

if you are not best suited for the job they will tell you so but if they like the certain skills and quality you have they would recommend you to other departments.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you and your boss are not in the same level of understanding in a certain topic.   Answer Question

Engineering Co-op Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort McMurray, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Fort McMurray, AB (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview took place over the phone and took exactly one hour to finish. Only five main questions were asked, but depending on the answers given they would ask many more specific questions about my answer. The interviewer gave no indication of the quality of my answers and was strictly professional. Overall, it was quite a difficult process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a connection with someone in order to complete a task.   Answer Question

Planning Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shell in March 2017.

Interview

It was a great experience, 3 rounds our of which 1 is telephone n 2 are video conference at shell office. Good respect from interviewers. Mainly concentrated on the job roles n my related past experience.. 1 round was stressful interview but it was good..simple hr discussion regarding compensation

Interview Questions

• how do u react when u r stressed at work n how do u handle personal life to balance   Answer Question
    • justify core attributes of yours   Answer Question
    • live case study and solution along with pros n cons in decision making   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

it consists of many stages, the first one was phone interview, followed by face to face interview, then you get an offer. the interviewer told us that he is going to call us and we can decide the starting date together.

Interview Questions

• did you have a problem with your manager before? how did you manage to solve it?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

2 hrs of rapid fire questioning by 4-6 people. Interview team follows a strict interview script. Many of the questions had little relevance to my applicable skills and experience demonstrated in my professional career thus far.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a ridiculous, totally unrealistic situation?   Answer Question

Graduate Technical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miri (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shell (Miri (Malaysia)) in September 2016.

Interview

Very tough if you don't have technical O&G background. I prepared a lot but turns out it wasn't sufficient. The whole process was quite repetitive, and sometimes the interview questions were very vague and odd. Interviewers were very nice though. I didn't get through but there's nothing I would have done differently because I went there being myself, I did not try to impress them with things I am not.

Interview Questions

• Suggest potential pipeline routes & infrastructure/technology to use   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Makati City (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shell (Makati City (Philippines)).

Interview

First phone interview it's quite hard but still you can answer it. And then if you pass the phone interview you will proceed to face to face interview which is very hard for me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time/event you encounter business partnering   Answer Question