Shell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017
1,065 Interview Reviews

3.4

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Haag (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Haag (Netherlands)) in November 2016.

Interview

First an online application (CV and cover lettre), then online assessment, third an interview by telephone and finally a recruitment day. Especially the recruitment day is interesting, as it actually consists of two days. The first day you meet the entire group (we were with six), go out for dinner and prepare a case for the following day. The following day you have a personal written case, a case interview, a group case and another assessment interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in working with other cultures?   Answer Question

Shell Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nootdorp (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Nootdorp (Netherlands)) in April 2016.

Interview

Na het inzenden van mijn CV en motivatie, een link met een tweetal testen gekregen. Daarna een telefooninterview. Ik werd allereest ruim een half uur te laat gebeld door de recruiter. De recruiter kwam vervolgens verward en gehaast over, zei dat ze een drukke dag achter de boeg had en dit 'even' snel moest doen. Had geen geduld voor mijn antwoorden, onderbrak me de hele tijd nog voordat ik mijn punten duidelijk kon maken. Na alle vragen van haar kant, was er ruimte voor mij om iets aan haar te vragen. Uit interesse gevraagd naar haar ervaring als werknemer van Shell, maar werd bot afgesnauwd met 'als ik het hier niet leuk had, dan werk ik hier niet al 16 jaar'. Het was duidelijk dat ze niet op dit telefooninterview zat te wachten en maar als te snel klaar wilde zijn.

Interview Questions

• Geef een voorbeeld waarbij er sprake was van leiderschap.   Answer Question

Trader Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shell (South Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Preliminary interview over the phone, with first a general HR person and then a trading manager. Then panel interview with 3 people who asked questions about an investment case study which I was given 15 minutes to prepare.

Interview Questions

• Create a portfolio out of various investments   1 Answer

Customer Operation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cyberjaya (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shell (Cyberjaya (Malaysia)) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a great interview experience. I would say one of the best i have ever had. Their interview process consist of a few different stages. Structural, Behavior and also technical. After finishing the interview stage if you succeeded they will have a short chit chat session. Its more of a get to know each other and you can also ask how was the performance of the interview. They are very open towards review and also very friendly.

if you are not best suited for the job they will tell you so but if they like the certain skills and quality you have they would recommend you to other departments.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you and your boss are not in the same level of understanding in a certain topic.   Answer Question

Engineering Co-op Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort McMurray, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Fort McMurray, AB (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview took place over the phone and took exactly one hour to finish. Only five main questions were asked, but depending on the answers given they would ask many more specific questions about my answer. The interviewer gave no indication of the quality of my answers and was strictly professional. Overall, it was quite a difficult process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a connection with someone in order to complete a task.   Answer Question

Planning Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shell in March 2017.

Interview

It was a great experience, 3 rounds our of which 1 is telephone n 2 are video conference at shell office. Good respect from interviewers. Mainly concentrated on the job roles n my related past experience.. 1 round was stressful interview but it was good..simple hr discussion regarding compensation

Interview Questions

• how do u react when u r stressed at work n how do u handle personal life to balance   Answer Question
    • justify core attributes of yours   Answer Question
    • live case study and solution along with pros n cons in decision making   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

interview was simple
    asked mechanical engineering basics especially HSSE and pipes and tubes fittings and also they asked about previous experience related questions and people who interviewed were not sound technically
    it took 1 month to process

Senior Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

It's a lengthy process overall. It took around around 2 weeks starting from telephonic round to releasing an offer.
    Very standard process, they will check technical + behavioural together which is very good.
    1st round telephonic only, after selection they will call you for F2F in Bangalore location. Also they will reimburse the amount for travel, transport, hotel etc.

Interview Questions

• What was the most toughest decision you took in your last project ?   Answer Question

SAP Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shell in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewing with Shell was a mixed experience. There were 3 rounds. Initial HR screening and then a Phone interview with the hiring manager. and then final assesment. The final assessment had 2 rounds a structured interview and a technical / functional interview.
    I found the structured interview relevant and professional.
    The technical Interviewer was however, unprofessional and hardly showed any signs of experience in interviewing for a senior position. The interviewer's experience was of working in a development centre team of developers working as a factory model. All he interested was in, gazing into his laptop and get questions and shower them like a objective exam. With no interest in scenarios or practical application of technical sap capabilities. Not a single question about the interviewee's previous experience or what skills, would he bring to Shell. The interviewer showed no example of shells value system- honesty, integrity and respect for people or leadership qualities.

Interview Questions

• ALV class name used for multiple ALV on same screen display !!   Answer Question

Drilling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Shell (Moscow (Russia)).

Interview

1- online application. 2- online test basically aimed on English knowledge and how fast you calculate and assess data (simple tasks). 3- online interview where many standard questions asked but all answers should be supported with real-life examples and truth of course. 4- face to face interview if you hiring as experienced specialist or if you're recent graduate of have less than 3-5 years of work experience of low job position you will have face to face (mainly in groups) business case exercises and tasks. if you're graduate your first job position most likely will be selected by managers and HR based on their view and the company needs (as they believe Shell can shape a good specialist out of anybody) and in a small portion based on your wishes. then wait for positive answer )
    the interview processes can be long (several and many months, more than 12 in the rare cases)

Interview Questions

• have your ever had led a team? what's was the experience?
      how you deal non-standard problems? do you consider opinions of your subordinates or colleagues with lower work experience of job position than you?
      1 Answer