Shell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,143 Interview Reviews

3.4

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Only interested in you if you have done an internship there or gone to the right university, interview process is completely HR run and as such is a bit clueless as with most things run by HR.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Charles, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Shell (Lake Charles, LA) in January 2017.

Interview

The process was brick and not very thorough. Highly automated with little contact otherwise. First portion was a simple application, then next portion was an amplitude based survey. No feedback, just a generic rejection notification.

SummerEngineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shell (New York, NY).

Interview

There was the 2 part online assessment which assessed your interpersonal and analytical skills (most of the second part was basic statistics and reading graphs). Then I had a phone interview which went okay and lasted about 50 mins.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about times I had overcome challenges in a group and times I've interacted with people if different backgrounds.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

Standardized and bureaucratic, generic questions, must provide past life examples to support answers. Doesn't seem to matter if they are only loosely related. Simply must have an answer and example for each question, answer quality doesn't seem too relevant

Interview Questions

• When did you take a leadership role within a team and what did you do?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and had a 1 hour on-campus behavioral interview. A month later I was invited to Shell Recruitment Day. Here I completed an online email simulation task over a case we received at the night prior and then had to respond to an email about the case. Then there was a group discussion over the case where we were evaluated and a self-reflection interview. Next was a case over the same scenario and then a behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with someone with a cultural difference and what did you do?   2 Answers

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Lots of behavioral questions. 50 minutes for them to ask you questions, 10 for you to ask them questions. Be prepared with stories and answers in STAR, or situation, task, action, result, format. Overall, interviewer was very thorough and gave good answers to questions I asked. Questions also seemed fair, and they have a standardized process for phone interviews, so any advice from others should apply to your interview as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to work with people from a diverse background.   Answer Question

Petrophysicist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX).

Interview

Face to face with the manager. Followed by the scenario interview with HR person. Fun process if you don't make too much fuss about it. Interview was for the job that I knew I could handle and for the team that I knew before. I had an advantage of years of experience.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you are CEO of the stroller company and something bad happens to your product. What would you do?   Answer Question

Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

The process is relatively easy. It doesn't take too long before they contact me to do an interview. I thought I had a good conversation but the results turns out negative and I don't know why.

Interview Questions

• Give an example that you have conquered some difficulties in your life to make things done.   Answer Question

Shell Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

I was interviewed for an hour mainly with behavioral questions. I was also asked about future areas of interest in the company and if I would want to stay technical or go into business side.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to solve a problem with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Interview

Filled in an online application, was contacted by the recruiter and was eventually successful. Then invited to a Shell Recruitment Day (a full day assessment center that included group exercise, multiple choice questions and various interviews). Performance was assessed by Shell personnel.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever received feedback on your performance that helped you develop?   1 Answer