Shell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,036 Interview Reviews

3.4

Social Performance Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX).

Interview

Multiple layers. Very cumbersome getting through HR. Best bet is to have a personal advocate on the inside. Once under consideration, they give behavior based testing. Scenario questions are asked and your response is evaluated by HR.

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

There was an initial interview at my college, followed by an onsite visit to their headquarters where there was a case competition type interview. There was dinner the night before the interview in Houston where were given materials to prep for the next day.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

Two online tests, followed by an in person interview, then an in person interview at Shell Recruitment Day. All in all pretty straightforward, really focus on their assessment. The 1:1 is all according to the books and everything is pretty much pre-planned out. Definitely prepare well for an assortment of questions involving specific things you have done in the past.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

This was a phone interview. I spoke with a technical manager who asked me mostly behavioral questions. She was very friendly but stuck to the script she laid out at the beginning of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to do something new and what challenges did you face?   Answer Question
    • What situation did you have to team up with someone from a diverse background?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

I applied online after a representative presented the opportunity at my school. I was invited to take the test. Shortly after receiving notification that I passed I was contacted to come in for an interview. The interview consisted of behavorial questions. A couple days later I was offered the internship.

Graduate Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

First two interactions are online tests, then had hour long interview over the phone. The guy wanted very specific examples to his questions Got invited to go to Houston for Recruitment day. Thought it went well. Waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a time when you completed a large task start to finish.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shell (New Orleans, LA) in November 2015.

Interview

I actually got a "thanks for your interest, but not right now" type of response when I first applied, then about 10 months later got an email out of the blue saying that they had my resume on file and had an opening for me. I always thought that was a nice way of putting your application in the shredder. Go figure.
    Anyway, they do a 2 part online test to screen resumes, those are about 20 minutes long and about the same content as 15 or so SAT questions. Then you are contacted for a phone interview. If you pass that, they send you to Shell Recruitment Day (SRD) at one of their sites and you go through a full day of activities with a group of people (about 3-10 other college grads) and you are each rated 1-5. Some are conflict resolution problems, some are answering emails, some are you telling them how you develop an oil field in a fictional country. If your average score is above 3 you get the job.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were long, multi-part scenarios. "Tell me about a time...." then more specific questions about that experience. Some of them were pretty specific so it was a bit difficult to pick the right story based on the first question.   1 Answer

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Multiple assessments are conducted online through the Shell Careers page before you receive confirmation of a phone or face to face interview. Was contacted for a phone interview, which took approximately 2 hours, and was subsequently invited to the company's recruitment day, which is a final round interview assessment at the company's headquarters.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you received feedback, and how you responded.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shell (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Received call from shell personal at scheduled time. The questions were purely behavioral. I applied for the assessed internship for engineering and was interviewed by a geophysicist. There were no questions about my resume. At the end he stated that the interview portion was done and asked if I have any questions for him.

Geologist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was very structured. The interviewer had a list questions to ask and recorded my answers. The questions followed the format: "Describe a time when..." or "Describe an experience with..."

Interview Questions

• IIRC, one question was, "Describe when you created or invented something new or did something in a new or unique way."   Answer Question