Shell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,296 Interview Reviews

3.3

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell (Denver, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online, with numerical and behavior tests, which are very difficult but time-consuming. Days later, I got a phone interview by HR, and dealt with behavior questions for 1 hour. Several months later, I got additional notification, and had a phone talk with the team manager. Yet didn't get the offer.

Graduate Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

They conducted one interview over the phone. It was 30 minutes long and completely behavioral. The interviewer was friendly but she was not knowledgeable in the function area I was interested in. I did not feel I was able to share enough during this phone call and her questions did not allow me to get into the important things

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a decision using data?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Shell (New Orleans, LA) in October 2016.

Interview

online screening, phone interview, onsite interview. You will talk to many people evaluating your skills, your fit, and aptitude. The interview process was fairly extensive. Easier if you have had an internship their I think, i had friends who got offers when they had had previous internships with the company.

Interview Questions

• Usual behavioral, skills, weaknesses, tell me about a time..., ect   Answer Question

AssessedEngineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and successfully completed two online assessments. Met with recruiters from Shell at the Engineering Career Fair on campus. Was emailed to schedule an interview about a week ahead of time. Interview took place on college campus.

Interview Questions

• At Shell, we interact with people from diverse backgrounds on a daily basis. Name a time when you have had to work with someone from a different background than yourself to accomplish a goal.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Ithaca, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Behavioral questions and discussion of values. Very friendly and relaxed, not intense. Interviewer joked around, encouraged taking time to think. Discussed times in which I worked on related material, how I work with others, standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to change the way you thought about a problem.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shell in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewer had no facial expressions. All behavioral questions, and they are focused primarily on how well you can take in new information and learn quickly on your feet. The portion at the end of the interview where you are allowed to ask questions does not affect your interview at all.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had to work with someone who was very different from you.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shell (Boulder, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone screening. Relaxed behavioral interview. Interviewer asked guiding questions if you didn't explain something that he was looking for. They want you to really explain your role in every situation and how you did something.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you had to adapt to a different style of working when in a group.   1 Answer

Shell Graduate Program - Geology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Good experience overall from first online application. The online application and behavioral assessment were relatively easy. Math section was timed and consequently quite challenging. Didn't receive interview. Lack of people in area/skill pool. The responses came via email and were automated.

Intern IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Both of the Shell representatives were great. The interview itself is pretty straight forward behavioral questions. Make sure you have plenty of examples to back up your answers. Also make sure to utilize every single second with the interviewer by asking questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with cultural differences   Answer Question

Intern IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied at the career fair. Later, I applied online through the website. I received an email to do a two part assessment. Once the assessment was complete, I received a confirmation email. A couple days later I was contacted to schedule an interview. Two weeks later I received email stating there will be a delay in receiving status of interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to yield to ones religious or cultural beliefs.   Answer Question