Shell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,125 Interview Reviews

3.4

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Interviewer first introduced himself. Then he asked questions for about half an hour. There is no technical questions. All of them are about behavior and characters. These questions are not difficult if you have prepared for them. These questions can be found online and they did not ask me any new questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to change your approach in achieving a goal?
      Describe a time when you had to build a relationship with someone you don't know and achieve a goal
      What can you bring for Shell.
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

Had an on-campus behavioral interview which lasted about 45 minutes. The interviewer asked questions about previous projects and work experience. Next, questions were asked about leadership experience and team work experience.

Interview Questions

• How would resolve a conflict between two members of a team you are leading?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

The interview is a completely behavioral process. Definitely format your answers using STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) in order to effectively get your point across. The application online for the Assessed Internship is a general application to the internship where you'll input your preferences. You will also need to take two online assessments. They have practice assessments online that will familiarize you with the format.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

After I submitted my application through shell website, I took 2 online assesement. The first one was behavioral test and the second one was data analysis test. After I completed all the online part, I recevied email from recruiter and we set up the interview. Interview was 1 hour, Recruiter asked me 5 behavioral questions and general questions such as why I want to work at Shell.

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Boulder, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

90 minute long interview with huge question packet. Man wrote down my answers furiously making little to no eye contact the entire time. It was all very intimidating. All personal questions and no technical questions. It often felt like he was asking the same question over and over. I was applying for and undergrad internship.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work with people for different backgrounds?
      Name a time you had to respect another person's cultural background?
      Name a time you had a specific deadline, what did you do to meet it?
      1 Answer

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Martinez, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shell (Martinez, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Process takes a few months which started with a online application. If selected you will then be moved on to test for the position which is a basic aptitude test. If that is passed then you move on to in person interviewing. The interview is not extremely difficult and I think its more of a gauge of your personality and ability to work as a team member than anything else.

Interview Questions

• If you notice a fellow worker not using proper PPE when working on a job, what would you do?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goffstown, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shell (Goffstown, NH) in October 2015.

Interview

it was easy. i went in for the interview and they talked to me about the job and asked if i'd be willing to switch locations. talked about the hours im available for and then hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• asked if i was able to switch locations   2 Answers

Assessed, Eng Chem Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

Behavioral questions!

I also learned some of shell And how people move around.
    The interviewer was forthcoming, and asked me to walk him through things step by step.
    I need to hit 30 words yet have naught more to say

Interview Questions

• Showed leadership?
      Discipline?
      Consider other points of view of colleagues, and how do you respond ?
      Answer Question

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

2 rounds
    First was a behavioral interview
    Second was a super interview consisting of assessed exercises including a group exercise, a case study, and more behavioral interviews.
    They really focus of CAR. Their literature can give you an idea of what it's going to be like. The behavioral questions are pretty standard. Other than that it is hard to prepare for. Shell does the best they can in preparing you without giving you the actual material they assess you with. They also treat you very well and compensate you for all expenses.

Graduate Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shell in October 2015.

Interview

A very intense but rewarding interview process indeed. After clearing the online assessments, got invited for an on campus interview. A week later was invited for the Shell Recruitment Day in New Orleans. After having an info session the night before followed by a dinner with two young Shell Graduates, SRD took place the whole day. Consists of an E tray exercise where you have to respond to emails based on the information provided to you about a specific project you are a part of. The exercise if followed by a group discussion and then a case study presentation. We also had two separate interviews, one was a self reflection and the final one was competency based.

Overall, the best recruitment process I have ever been through. Best advice would be to stay relaxed, be yourself and stay positive.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were a team lead and had to deal with a conflict?   Answer Question