Shell Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

3.5

127 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Scheme - Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shell (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

That was in the first stage of the application process after you have submitted your online application which included numerical test, working behaviour test, and a video interview.
    The interview was a self-recorded consisting of 5 aptitude questions. You get 30 seconds for preparation and 3 minutes to answer each question.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when took on a challenging task.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you helped others to achieve a common goal.   1 Answer

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

first, online application form 2. invited to online tests and a video interview. online test is slightly different then other companies, i guess shell use their own recruitment tests. i slightly struggled with the english test. numerical test was ok. video interview last around 30 minutes. video interview was ok.

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Shell (Manchester, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

online application and assessment, after that you have to finish a recorded video interview, can practise before recording. 5 questions for 20 mins, 3mins for each question to answer and 30s pause before each question

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exeter, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shell (Exeter, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

There was a online assessment where basic aptitude problems were asked. There were 3 sections which are verbal reasoning, numerical problems and abstract reasoning each with a time slot of 4minutes.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

Our course year group was sent an email about a junior internship opportunity in the Netherlands with Shell. I applied online, went through online screening tests, then phone interview. I interviewed with an HR person from Germany who normally dealt with graduate programs/assessed internship for Eastern Europe (she originally thought I was interviewing for an assessed internship). The interview consisted of standard 'scripted' questions and an unscripted part where I was able to ask questions about Shell.

Interview Questions

• At Shell, we are sometimes faced with issues when working within a team. Tell me about a time you had to solve a conflict / how you did it   Answer Question

Graduate Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Shell (Durham, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Video recorded interview together with online assessment, before being considered for the next stage of the recruitment process, The online test was really simple but the time was short. 20 verbal assessment questions to be answered in 4 minutes, 16 numerical questions to be answered in 4 minutes and 10 abstract questions to be answered in 4 minutes as well.

Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shell (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

- video interview
    - 5 questions, 3 minutes for each with 30s preparation time (not recorded)
        - why shell?
        - tell me a time when you had to help a team member?

Interview Questions

• - why shell?
          - tell me a time when you had to help a team member?
          - tell me a time when you asked for feedback and how it improved your performance.   Answer Question

Team Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shell (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very quick
    Clear explanation of the role including pros and cons
    they asked question about my previous work experience and asked for practical examples of difficulties I had to face, how I manage my time, organisation etc

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work under pressure and within deadlines?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Shell (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Very behaviour based questions
    PREPARE SOME ANSWERS!
    Research about shell
    There was only 5 questions, but you don't have long to prepare before the recording starts.
    using the STARR method for answering the questions

Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

3-min answering for several competency questions. There are a total of five questions but I don't recall what they are. Those questions were just typical competency questions for which you should be able to find online.

Interview Questions

• Common competency questions.   1 Answer