Sheraton Front Desk Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 6, 2017

2.6

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo Grove, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Sheraton (Buffalo Grove, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Comfortable interview with sharp, applicable questions. Looking to hire in about 2 weeks. The technical title was Front End Reservationist. There were no tests given, just situational questions. Nothing further.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if a customer had a complaint.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sheraton

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sheraton.

Interview

I applied online on their website. They asked a few questions over the phone about availability. Had to wait within a week to get that call. Could not proceed as my availability was not confident.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sheraton (Pomona, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

You guys want professional workers but can't be professional yourself. The interviewer was distracted the whole time paying attention to the people walking by the door and interrupting me while I was talking. She was also complaining about how busy it was earlier, how tired she was, and yawning constantly. Then another "interviewer" comes into the office while I'm in the middle of talking and starts to ask my questions. Felt more like an interrogation other than an interview and I feel like I wasn't given a proper chance to show that I was fit for the position. I greeted everyone when I came in for the interview and dressed professionally. Was also polite and professional. If you had already made a decision on a person you were gonna hire they you could've saved me some time and I could've just went home. I understand it was the end of the day but I should be given the same opportunity for a position just as if it were the beginning of the day. You wouldn't like if your employee's half-did their jobs so don't half-do your job. I felt kind of discriminated...

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you and not the person we just interviewed before you or the other person were gonna interview after you?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sheraton.

Interview

The interview was actually very easy. Interview was a one on one in the lobby of the hotel. Asked about five common interview questions, laughed a little, and we were done.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sheraton (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was called to interview and sent an email with directions and other information. Met with a lady in the HR office, filled out an app, had a short interview with her and then had a short interview with the front desk manager. Waited 1 and 1/2 weeks and was called and offered the position and asked to come in to fill paperwork and do a drug test. Everyone was friendly and efficient.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do when you are not working?   Answer Question
    • Name a negative situation and how you handled it?   Answer Question
    • How can you make sure you are giving great service even after dealing with many guests and working a full shift?   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sheraton.

Interview

Phone Interview, followed by a 3-round In person Interview. Took about an hour. Had to email the woman to remind her about the phone interview, and the In person took and hour and a half. They told me they would let me know by the end of the week, but again, I had to call them to find out. They don't exactly have it all together over there.

Interview Questions

• How would your last boss describe your work style   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sheraton (Denver, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

the interview was really quick and the first one was over the phone. they asked me a few questions and after 5 min. they asked me to come for a one and one interview

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you went above and beyond to help a guest?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sheraton (Overland Park, KS) in June 2015.

Interview

I submitted an online application, I was called in for an interview, I had only one interview and they hired me right there pending a drug and back ground test.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a situation that requires you working well in a team setting?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sheraton (Burlington, VT) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call in a couple of days, and a few days later I had an interview with the front desk manager and someone from HR. They asked me to describe specific scenarios and how I handled/excelled etc in them

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to work in a group and ended up doing most of the work   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you provided excellent service to someone   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sandy Springs, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sheraton (Sandy Springs, GA).

Interview

15 minutes with the manager and 10 minutes with the general manager. Very simple, unprofessional. Didn't ask too many questions. GM called back about a week later and asked me to come in to sigh some papers

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the star wood hotels? Do you call out often? tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered 9.50 during interview, I accepted. Changed it to $9 two weeks after I started