Sherwin-Williams Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.5

42 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Meet with City manager, go over expectations to see if your the right fit.
Meet with a store manger to show what you would do in the stores. So there are no surprises.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Metairie, LA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Metairie, LA) in May 2016.

Interview

First interview was with the hiring store manager. 4 days passed and out of say 5 maybe 6 other applicants 2 were chosen to interview with the district manager. I honestly had the feeling it went great with the tiniest of doubt. Few days later received the call telling me that the Dm had chosen the other candidate based on experience and P and L . Also was asked if I had any ? I responed with yes tons!. I have 8 yrs. Experience with Sherwin-Williams, 4yrs. In automotive and 4yrs. In the Americas Group, Ft for 3 of those 4yrs at my location. Our Diy/retail sales have tripled & steady growing, Often get mistaken for one of those names on the Co. business cards placed on front counter by register. With that being said I honestly can't see myself being anywhere but Sherwin-Williams where "We don't sell paint the name does that, what we sell as employees of Sherwin is confidence that your project will come out looking as if you hired a professional"
    Thank you to all whim may read this review.

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Birmingham, AL) in March 2016.

Interview

Run of the mill interview questions. Name a time you felt/did "X" and describe the issue, what you did, and the outcome. Extremely formal. Hiring manager was devoid of personality.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you felt/did "X" and describe the issue, what you did, and the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

It was pretty simple, I first had a Skype interview then went to the corporate office for an interview. Wasn't too hard and they were nice for the whole process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Issaquah, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview with 1-3 area managers, depending on the position. Sometimes you will interview with the store manager, but the area managers have final say. Make sure you have a good idea of how to do outside sales calls and a couple good stories about it. The ones that I have interviewed with are pretty hard to read.

Interview Questions

• Lead generation is their biggest interest.   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

After applying online, there was a phone interview with a recruiter. Then I was called for a second in-person meeting with the head guy. A few days later, phone call from recruiter. Offer made.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

Went to a job fair at a college and spoke with some sales reps there. Gave them my resumoe received a call, went to an interview with the Ditrict Manager then went to a store to interview with a mangar, then I drove 2 hours to interview with the GM.

Interview Questions

• Who had the most influence over my professional career.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

Once you apply online at Careers, you wait for the DM to give you a call. Once done you have a meeting with him or her. They listen and talk and will thank you and compare you until they make the final decision.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Orlando, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. A few days later I was emailed about setting up a phone interview. I completed the phone screening the next week and was told that I performed well and they wanted me to visit the district store in Orlando, Florida. I drove out there a little over 2 weeks later and interviewed with the city manager who told me I asked some pretty high level questions and he seemed pleased with me. A week after that I received another email prompting me to visit a local store in Gainesville to complete a store visit there. I visited the appropriate store and walked through a guide with the store manager. He was very informative and friendly and I left when we were finished there. I was offered the job about a week after that.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you struggled with something and how did you overcome that situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Miami, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Very easy but you need to learn how to read the profit loss report a also the mission statement to Sherwin Williams and all the important members your resume and recommended letters also your product knowledge and your trademark service