Sherwin-Williams Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.8

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Metairie, LA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Metairie, LA) in May 2016.

Interview

First interview was with the hiring store manager. 4 days passed and out of say 5 maybe 6 other applicants 2 were chosen to interview with the district manager. I honestly had the feeling it went great with the tiniest of doubt. Few days later received the call telling me that the Dm had chosen the other candidate based on experience and P and L . Also was asked if I had any ? I responed with yes tons!. I have 8 yrs. Experience with Sherwin-Williams, 4yrs. In automotive and 4yrs. In the Americas Group, Ft for 3 of those 4yrs at my location. Our Diy/retail sales have tripled & steady growing, Often get mistaken for one of those names on the Co. business cards placed on front counter by register. With that being said I honestly can't see myself being anywhere but Sherwin-Williams where "We don't sell paint the name does that, what we sell as employees of Sherwin is confidence that your project will come out looking as if you hired a professional"
Thank you to all whim may read this review.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Issaquah, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview with 1-3 area managers, depending on the position. Sometimes you will interview with the store manager, but the area managers have final say. Make sure you have a good idea of how to do outside sales calls and a couple good stories about it. The ones that I have interviewed with are pretty hard to read.

Interview Questions

• Lead generation is their biggest interest.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

Once you apply online at Careers, you wait for the DM to give you a call. Once done you have a meeting with him or her. They listen and talk and will thank you and compare you until they make the final decision.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Milwaukee, WI) in July 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by human resources and asked to apply for a position. A phone interview was set-up and it went well. After that, a store visit (second interview) was scheduled and went well. I e-mailed the human resources representative that I was very interested and she responded that she forwarded my information to the managers and should hear back for an interview with them. Two weeks went by and I never heard back. I e-mailed the human resources representative to request feedback and have never heard back. No response. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Questions are quite typical. What are your future goals? What are your ideal positions (1st, 2nd, 3rd)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trussville, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Trussville, AL) in November 2010.

Interview

Initial Communication started when I wrote a thank you letter, thanking the recruiter for her time she spent with me at the Career fair. She then emailed me back and said to apply online and after I apply to email her back. Then she asked me to set up a phone interview. She asked the questions "Tell me about a time where you took initivate" and Tell me about a time that a teammate wasn't pulling his/her weight and what you did to fix it. Then after the phone interview she emailed me and we made arrangments to go on a storevisit in Trussvile near Birmingham area. They emailed me a packet before hand with questions that they wanted me to get answered while I was on my store visit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you showed initive?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when a teammemeber wasn't pulling his/her weight and what you did about it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Fort Wayne, IN) in March 2010.

Interview

I've known the DM I interviewed with for about four years. But interviews are never easy and it was definitely a good learning experience.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied via job fair after 20 min interview with HR and City Manager. The same received an email from HR with the invitation to schedule an interview with a local store.
    The following week met with a store manager. The purpose of the store interview is to describe the job. I would say it is labor intensive. Even manager's primary responsibility is to talk to the customers and to mix the paint, while operations and finance are secondary.
    I decided to withdraw the application.
    Overall, everyone whom I interacted with was very friendly and enthusiastic about the company. The company has good culture but the job itself didn't satisfy me. I should have read more about the position.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in April 2011.

Interview

Met the recruiter at a local job fair. Called in for an interview the following week. Interview began with discussion about the work experience listed on my resume. Questions: Why are you making the transition from your current profession into paint? Why did you choose your college major? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Are you willing to re-locate anywhere within the region (approx.150 mile radius)? What motivates you in the morning to get out of bed? What do you enjoy doing outside of work? Fairly standard interview. He seemed to indicate his belief in a policy requiring 100% unquestionable loyalty to the company. He highlighted this by explaining he had moved 3x in the last 10 years. He also explained that I would not be placed in a store until after completing the training program. When I pressed him on what areas he needed to fill, he seemed annoyed and reiterated the concept that you will be asked to accept an offer before knowing all the details of the job location. For an individual with a home and/or family this might be very difficult to buy into for 30k a year selling paint. I was told if they were interested I would be called for a store visit, but never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer