Sherwin-Williams Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sherwin-Williams Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 8, 2017

2.5

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

After applying online, there was a phone interview with a recruiter. Then I was called for a second in-person meeting with the head guy. A few days later, phone call from recruiter. Offer made.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

First was a skype interview with a recruiter in Atlanta and then a face to face with the city manager. Interview lasted about an hour and a half. Entry level position but really prefer someone that has a strong background in sales.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

I had 5 rounds. First, with the recruiter. He was my best resource throughout interview process. The first interview with the recruiter was informal asked basic questions about my resume and experience, and most importantly if you are willing to relocate. Second, store visit, show you are interested ask about the type of customers and managers experience with the company. Third, city manager, very comfortable went over resume and why i want the job. Fourth, hr manager, more formal why you are good fit for them. Fifth, district manager situational questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

did not negotiate, you can later as you get promoted

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Birmingham, AL) in March 2016.

Interview

Run of the mill interview questions. Name a time you felt/did "X" and describe the issue, what you did, and the outcome. Extremely formal. Hiring manager was devoid of personality.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you felt/did "X" and describe the issue, what you did, and the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Metairie, LA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Metairie, LA) in May 2016.

Interview

First interview was with the hiring store manager. 4 days passed and out of say 5 maybe 6 other applicants 2 were chosen to interview with the district manager. I honestly had the feeling it went great with the tiniest of doubt. Few days later received the call telling me that the Dm had chosen the other candidate based on experience and P and L . Also was asked if I had any ? I responed with yes tons!. I have 8 yrs. Experience with Sherwin-Williams, 4yrs. In automotive and 4yrs. In the Americas Group, Ft for 3 of those 4yrs at my location. Our Diy/retail sales have tripled & steady growing, Often get mistaken for one of those names on the Co. business cards placed on front counter by register. With that being said I honestly can't see myself being anywhere but Sherwin-Williams where "We don't sell paint the name does that, what we sell as employees of Sherwin is confidence that your project will come out looking as if you hired a professional"
    Thank you to all whim may read this review.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Meet with City manager, go over expectations to see if your the right fit.
    Meet with a store manger to show what you would do in the stores. So there are no surprises.

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Riverside, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

multiple steps First a in person interview then a store interview with one of the store mangers. Then a brief phone interview. Next a final interview with the DM. Then I received the offer the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

I received a call from the HR hiring manager who gave me a 30 minute phone interview. Once I completed that interview, I was given a chance to interview with the city manager who will decide if you would be a good fit for the company. He/she will decide if you are best fit. From there, they gave me the nod that they wanted to hire me, they sent me new hire paperwork and was given a date to start.

Interview Questions

• It was an entry-level position so they asked you questions about your experience and items pertaining to your resume. It's a pretty straight-forward interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation on my part, as this was an entry-level job for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Issaquah, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview with 1-3 area managers, depending on the position. Sometimes you will interview with the store manager, but the area managers have final say. Make sure you have a good idea of how to do outside sales calls and a couple good stories about it. The ones that I have interviewed with are pretty hard to read.

Interview Questions

• Lead generation is their biggest interest.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

It was pretty simple, I first had a Skype interview then went to the corporate office for an interview. Wasn't too hard and they were nice for the whole process.