Sherwin-Williams Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sherwin-Williams Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

2.5

41 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

phone interview that is one hour with recruiter
than one hour interview in person at heaf office

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had a difficult customer and how you turned the situation ino a psitive outcome   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was no negotiatin for the entry level

Other Interview Reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

If you are looking for an assistant manager position within SW, this is a great place to start if you are just out of college. Typically there are about three interviews, the first starts with a recruiter, the second with the district manager, and the third is usually a store visit or another with the district manager.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself going within this company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They give you a set offer plus bonus.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

One on one interview with Store Manager. Discussed product knowledge and customer service. We also discussed a lot about customers and those I already knew. We discussed situations for other customers from other stores as well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay was negotiable.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

Went to a job fair at a college and spoke with some sales reps there. Gave them my resumoe received a call, went to an interview with the Ditrict Manager then went to a store to interview with a mangar, then I drove 2 hours to interview with the GM.

Interview Questions

• Who had the most influence over my professional career.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in November 2010.

Interview

The recruiter calls and does a phone screening interview, if they find you to be a good fit they call you in for a 1:1. After that if they think you are good fit they send you to a "store visit" where you go the nearest Sherwin-Williams store to see what the job is really like. Once you have done the store visit you report to the recruiter which then schedules a meeting with the district manager/city manager. You meet with him and it all goes from there, he decides whether or not you'll be hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a good fit for this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there is no negotiation

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

The whole interview process took about 6 weeks. There was a preliminary over the phone interview, a site interview where you talked with a store manager at a training store, and then finally a face-to-face interview with the district manager. Each round of interviewing was extremely basic and easy to pass. As long as you are honest and interested in the position, you will most likely get the job.

Interview Questions

• None were very unexpected. Pretty basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I was asked a series of several personal questions followed by some professional experience related questions. I was asked to do a background check and also asked to do a drug test. Everything went very well overall. After the interview process, I was given an offer below what my requirements were. We negotiated a salary for about one hour, but finally I decided that they couldn't match my expectations. I decided not to pursue the job opportunity.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (San Antonio, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

It takes about a month. You will be called by a recruiter and if you have a friend who works there have them push your resume. Second interview is a store interview so you can see if you like the place and then you will meet with the Distric Sales Manager

Interview Questions

• Basic questions. Why do you want to be apart of Sherwin? How do you handle difficult customers ? How do you work under stress?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Cleveland, OH) in March 2013.

Interview

I had been a PT sales associate before applying to be a ASM, I felt that the interview process was very easy. Would advise anyone who is PT and applying to be ASM/MT to just be open with your manager and upper management on your goals and career advancements.

Interview Questions

• they asked a lot of experience related and situational type questions. also asked about management style   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Miami, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Very easy but you need to learn how to read the profit loss report a also the mission statement to Sherwin Williams and all the important members your resume and recommended letters also your product knowledge and your trademark service