Sherwin-Williams Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sherwin-Williams Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 8, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

I had 5 rounds. First, with the recruiter. He was my best resource throughout interview process. The first interview with the recruiter was informal asked basic questions about my resume and experience, and most importantly if you are willing to relocate. Second, store visit, show you are interested ask about the type of customers and managers experience with the company. Third, city manager, very comfortable went over resume and why i want the job. Fourth, hr manager, more formal why you are good fit for them. Fifth, district manager situational questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

did not negotiate, you can later as you get promoted

Other Interview Reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Birmingham, AL) in March 2016.

Interview

Run of the mill interview questions. Name a time you felt/did "X" and describe the issue, what you did, and the outcome. Extremely formal. Hiring manager was devoid of personality.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you felt/did "X" and describe the issue, what you did, and the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Metairie, LA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Metairie, LA) in May 2016.

Interview

First interview was with the hiring store manager. 4 days passed and out of say 5 maybe 6 other applicants 2 were chosen to interview with the district manager. I honestly had the feeling it went great with the tiniest of doubt. Few days later received the call telling me that the Dm had chosen the other candidate based on experience and P and L . Also was asked if I had any ? I responed with yes tons!. I have 8 yrs. Experience with Sherwin-Williams, 4yrs. In automotive and 4yrs. In the Americas Group, Ft for 3 of those 4yrs at my location. Our Diy/retail sales have tripled & steady growing, Often get mistaken for one of those names on the Co. business cards placed on front counter by register. With that being said I honestly can't see myself being anywhere but Sherwin-Williams where "We don't sell paint the name does that, what we sell as employees of Sherwin is confidence that your project will come out looking as if you hired a professional"
    Thank you to all whim may read this review.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Meet with City manager, go over expectations to see if your the right fit.
    Meet with a store manger to show what you would do in the stores. So there are no surprises.

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Riverside, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

multiple steps First a in person interview then a store interview with one of the store mangers. Then a brief phone interview. Next a final interview with the DM. Then I received the offer the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

I received a call from the HR hiring manager who gave me a 30 minute phone interview. Once I completed that interview, I was given a chance to interview with the city manager who will decide if you would be a good fit for the company. He/she will decide if you are best fit. From there, they gave me the nod that they wanted to hire me, they sent me new hire paperwork and was given a date to start.

Interview Questions

• It was an entry-level position so they asked you questions about your experience and items pertaining to your resume. It's a pretty straight-forward interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation on my part, as this was an entry-level job for me.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edi, Guangxi (China)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Edi, Guangxi (China)) in May 2014.

Interview

Too many interviews too much paint I lie cookies and cream and Ben Moore sucks I like to east cereal and milk chocolate cake with miffins and the cake is good

Anonymous Employee in Wethersfield, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Wethersfield, CT) in March 2013.

Interview

Very straightforward and impromptu. Basically they want salespeople, portray that to them and they'll give you a job on the spot. Everything else was standard interview questions revolving around ambition and work ethic, nothing surprising.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Miami, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Very easy but you need to learn how to read the profit loss report a also the mission statement to Sherwin Williams and all the important members your resume and recommended letters also your product knowledge and your trademark service

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Miami, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview was easy. there was nothing very specific they asked. they wanted to know about the resume and the previous experience. I consider it as one of the easiest interviews I have had.