Sherwin-Williams Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 8, 2017

2.5

43 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in May 2017.

Interview

Received a phone interview several days after applied online. And then received on-site interview invitation a few days later. All the staff are very nice to me and asked very behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Richardson, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview process was fairly easy. Had an phone interview with recruiter and then an in person interview with a city manager. Questions weren't too difficult. They asked typical interview questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

I received one phone interview that lasted about 15 minutes. The questions were all very simple and behavioral. The interviewer was interested in my knowledge about Sherwin Williams but didn't ask me anything in relation to finance. The interview was simple.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with conflict.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Dayton, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

Went to the office and met one individual. She had a list of about 10 questions she went through. Also veered off topic to make it more relaxed. Talked a lot about what previous interns did and where they are now.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in March 2017.

Interview

Applied to internship and a week later had my phone (FaceTime) interview with the local recruiter. Next, she referred me to the District Manager of my area who then looked over my resume and contacted me for a second interview a couple of days later. Had an interview with him and was given an unofficial offer right on the spot and accepted it.

The phone interview was a more formal, behavioral type questions while the interview with the District Manager was extremely laid back and more conversational. They're really looking for someone who has had work experience in manual-labor type jobs and is willing to work hard and get their hands dirty. They didn't put too much of an emphasis on GPA and never asked me about school. Just make sure you point out the times you have really had to work hard, wake up early, and get your hands dirty. Also, having experience in customer service is another huge bonus. Be presentable, be nice, and always remember to remind them you're a hard worker and you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• What about Sherwin Williams interests you?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you had to handle a situation when a customer was being difficult?   Answer Question
    • When have you had to work hard to get a job done?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Madison, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

I met a recruiter at my college for a career fair, and then was offered a phone interview, then an in store visit, and then interview with district manager.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Orlando, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Attended a university career fair and spoke with a recruiter who said I have to fill out an online application. After filling out the application, I received a call a few days later for an interview where they asked fairly simple questions just talking about yourself and why you want to work at Sherwin Williams. Then I had a second interview with a district manager who asked similar questions and invited me to go on a tour of the store. Overall, the process was easy and quick.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Very positive, warm and friendly environment with very transparent views on the opportunity. Communicated expectations and responsibilities well, along with asking some intriguing questions. The ability to feel comfortable in the interview was very much appreciated, along with being able to communicate on a surface level.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedarville, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Cedarville, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

First they did a phone interview within days of me contacting them. On the phone the lady asked me to do an in-store interview/ fill out a worksheet. The woman was very nice on the phone and it was an easy interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

Group interview with mangers and leaders. Had a great interview with all managers weight good questions and real concern. I let feeling very comfortable and ready to learn about the company. I'm happy with way it went and am looking forward to working for them.