Sherwin-Williams Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sherwin-Williams Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2017

2.7

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

I was emailed right away after applying online. I scheduled a skype interview. After that, I scheduled a store walk through. Then, I did an in person interview with the district manager. At the end of the last interview, I was told the HR manager I had been communicating with would contact me directly. All of the interviews went well. Exactly a week after my final interview, I was sent an automated email that confirmed they received my application, but they would not be selecting me for the position. This confused me because I was told the HR manager would be speaking with me and the automated email stated they confirmed receiving my application, yet I did 3 interviews. I reached out to the HR manager for clarification, but she never called me back.

Interview Questions

• Why are you changing your career path from what you did before college, to what your majored in college for?   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was interviewed a few days later by hr at the headquarters. I was then interviewed by the manager at the site. The company seemed disorganized, but the people seemed very nice and happy to work there.

Manager Training MTP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with HR recruiter over phone first. Next was a in Store Visit. Interview with district manager was final interview. About a week later a message stating that the company has gone with other candidates was received.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate   1 Answer

IT Portfolio Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Cleveland, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online, I received a call after a month to setup an interview. I interviewed at Cleveland location.
    First, I had an phone interview with HR, later I had an on site interview with the IT manager, he asked questions about my previous work experiences related to IT and classroom experiences.
    I had another on site interview with IT Project Manager, he asked questions based on software development methodologies, Agile, and other questions related to the job responsibilities.
    My interview went very well, but due to schedule conflicts I could not take the job.
    The managers do not reply to the emails.

Interview Questions

• What steps can you follow to make sure you get the best results in the process of software development?   Answer Question

Mtp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, in person interview
    Applied in August, had a phone interview in September, wasn't contacted for in person interview until November. Phone interview was pretty straight forward. In person interview was with a district manager. Their interview styles can vary.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

No phone screening. I directly received an onsite interview invitation from their HR department and I discussed their opening with three different people on three individual 30-45 minute sessions. They seemed to have a laid-back culture and everybody was very approachable and knowledgeable. They didn't ask anything out of the ordinary just basic behavioral questions and we discussed extensively the job responsibilities and whether I could be a good fit for their team. About a month after the interview even though I thought I did well and after two e-mails and one voicemail to their hr representative I haven't heard back from them, which I find it frustrating and unprofessional especially when you take into account that the opening was for their global headquarters.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you understand the job description with your own words   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed using an online module which prompted a question, 30 seconds to prepare your thoughts and then allowed 90 seconds to answer the question. There were 10 questions in total.

Senior Oracle BPM Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Cleveland, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

Their interview process has few rounds.
    1. HR Talks to you about salary and rest of those eligibility things.
    2. First technical round over phone.
    3. Face to Face interview for half day (Several technical rounds with managerial)

Interview Questions

• What are best approaches you see in previous versions of BPM software that you feel good to have in the latest version   1 Answer
    • How was their reimbursement policy when you go for face to face   1 Answer

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

The process is slow so patience is a requirement to move through the process. Screening interview, store visit, & interviewing with district manager or managers. As some districts are larger, they are divided into regions so if you live in a large metropolitan area be prepared to be interviewed by more than one district manager.

Interview Questions

• Many "tell me about a time" questions. Also questions regarding safety.   Answer Question

Serv Sales Representative Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Pre phone interview with recruiter (25mins) , phone interview with recruiter (1hr), in person interview with regional sales manager and store walk through (2hr) set via email, and skype interview with sales director (35mins) set via email. All of this occurred over a two week span. You must be open to relocation. As with any company, know their history. Had a good experience overall. I haven't heard anything back yet. Of course I used glassdoor, sherwin williams site, helpful youtube videos, and other information via google.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Sherwin Williams?
      Are you open to relocation?
      If you were put into the position with no direction, what would you do?
      What concerns do you have about the position?
      Strengths and weaknesses?