Sherwin-Williams Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.5

625 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

Pretty relaxed from my experience, pretty simple questions, because you'll go through training to gain experience later on to learn more about the products. It was an overall pretty good experience.

Interview Questions

• What experience do u have in the past?   1 Answer

Management Training Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Greenville, SC) in July 2017.

Interview

From the initial phone screening to the final interview with the district manager, everyone treats you with respect and are completely welcoming. I was blown away by how well they treat their employees, and the generous compensation package they offer.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter then had an interview with the district manager. They are very flexible about where you can intern at during the summer. Process took about a month.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

Asked a few questions and not much less. The whole process lasted about ten minutes total. Hardest part is just waiting usually on the back ground check and them working you into the schedule and what not

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Charlotte, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

There are a total of three interviews, which includes a phone, in store and a district manager interview. The phone interview can be either Skype or regular. Are you willing to relocate?

Interview Questions

• What is one way you can improve safety inside and out of the work environment?   Answer Question

Manager Training MTP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

First, I had a phone screen. She asked me basic questions relating to my past work experience, and she went over what to expect from the MTP program, if I had any questions, etc. Then, literally a day later, I was invited to do an interview with the DM (usually you do a store interview in-between). The interview was somewhat lengthy, but I also like to talk a lot. He asked me STAR behavioral-based questions and wanted to know more about what I knew about the company, what my career objectives were, etc. Overall, it was a pretty average-difficulty interview for a grad coming right out of college. As long as you have some general idea of what you're going to say, you'll be fine. Just remember to answer in the STAR format, look professional, smile, have a few questions prepared, and make eye contact! This is a customer-service based industry, so how you present yourself matters. Glassdoor is an excellent resource!

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you shared a different vision from that of your supervisor, professor, parents, co-worker, etc. (How did you attempt to resolve it?)   Answer Question

Managemet Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Erie, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

Contacted through email some 3 months after applying online. Set up a half hour phone interview which was relatively easy and straightforward. Contacted the next day with a store visit invitation. Went to store visit and interacted with store manager, asking questions and touring store. Did not receive invitation further in interview.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Newark, DE) in June 2017.

Interview

I was emailed to set up a time for a phone interview a few weeks after I applied. At the arranged time, I received a call and we spoke for a little under an hour. During the interview, I noted that I was interested in being considered for the position in another area. The recruiter said she'd forward my resume and her notes (she wanted to continue and do the full interview) to that area's recruiter. I was left with an overall positive impression, but then I never heard from the company again.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond (it doesn't have to be work related).   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Fresno, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Received an email to set up a phone interview. Will email back and then have the interview to move forward in the process. The recruiter seems very nice and optimistic .

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in May 2017.

Interview

Received a phone interview several days after applied online. And then received on-site interview invitation a few days later. All the staff are very nice to me and asked very behavioral questions.