Sherwin-Williams Sherwin Williams - MTP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Sherwin Williams - MTP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2012.

Interview

I first heard about the position through a career fair. I gave them my resume and received an e-mail from a recruiter about a month later. The recruiter asked that we have a phone interview. The interview was pretty basic... questions like: why sherwin williams? why a management position? They also want to see that you're a competitive person--management (especially this company is all about SALES!) i passed the phone interview, he sent me an e-mail and told me to have an in-store-visit... I met with a manager and assistant manager at a store for about 2 or 3 hours.. they gave me questions to fill out while i was there--but mainly go into the store with your own questions--this was extremely insightful to me. The recruiter called me about a week later.. asked me how it went and some of the questions that he had me specifically asked me to ask. He said that they really liked me and would like me to move onto the next step. This next step was an interview with the city managers (this was the last and final step). They both asked STAR interview questions.. if you have a good past experience (and are a hard worker) they really aren't hard questions. He stopped about halfway through and said i "killed the question" and at that point i knew i got the job. Honestly, just go in there with a competitive spirit and know you can manage and sell paint and you'll get the job.

Interview Questions

• no real difficult questions..unless you have no real past experience (I had 2 really great internships in college so it wasn't too hard to answer the STAR questions)   Answer Question

Negotiation

there is no negotiation.. you start with a base salary of $42 (which is great coming out of college with no real experience). There are quarterly and yearly bonuses (which you find out later) --i've only been working here for 3 weeks and i really couldn't be happier with how great Sherwin Williams has been. I have TONS of support! I couldn't be happier with my choice to work for them... hopefully I feel this way in a year or two :) but i really think I will--they're big on PROMOTING WITHIN!