Sherwin-Williams Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.5

Managemet Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Erie, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

Contacted through email some 3 months after applying online. Set up a half hour phone interview which was relatively easy and straightforward. Contacted the next day with a store visit invitation. Went to store visit and interacted with store manager, asking questions and touring store. Did not receive invitation further in interview.

IT Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Cleveland, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

totally in sherwin they have 4 rounds , 1st round - HR , 2nd round - technical , 3rd round - F2F and 4th - Manager and senior manager

Painting Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in January 2015.

Interview

I've had several interviews and i was in a job for 7 years learning and then two years by myself I would do trim base and paint with the gun and i have such good experience in that job

Interview Questions

• how long have you worked in painting?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in June 2017.

Interview

I have two hours interview with HR Specialist and Managers. Before that, they connect with me through a website and I made a video call with them. The language of the interview is English. But I speak to them through the Mobile Phone and watch video through Laptop. I had never done that before

Interview Questions

• What's your failure in life?   1 Answer
    • What's your lecture in university think about you if we are going to ask him now?   1 Answer

Management Training Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Greenville, SC) in July 2017.

Interview

From the initial phone screening to the final interview with the district manager, everyone treats you with respect and are completely welcoming. I was blown away by how well they treat their employees, and the generous compensation package they offer.

Manager Training MTP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

First, I had a phone screen. She asked me basic questions relating to my past work experience, and she went over what to expect from the MTP program, if I had any questions, etc. Then, literally a day later, I was invited to do an interview with the DM (usually you do a store interview in-between). The interview was somewhat lengthy, but I also like to talk a lot. He asked me STAR behavioral-based questions and wanted to know more about what I knew about the company, what my career objectives were, etc. Overall, it was a pretty average-difficulty interview for a grad coming right out of college. As long as you have some general idea of what you're going to say, you'll be fine. Just remember to answer in the STAR format, look professional, smile, have a few questions prepared, and make eye contact! This is a customer-service based industry, so how you present yourself matters. Glassdoor is an excellent resource!

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you shared a different vision from that of your supervisor, professor, parents, co-worker, etc. (How did you attempt to resolve it?)   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Cleveland, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process is very fast. The HR folks cut through all the generalized questions. It is mostly about who you know is how you get an interview. Most managers don't call you back. They just ignore if they don't have an interest. The HR department is very large and should be doing more to help their employees and future employees.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

Pretty relaxed from my experience, pretty simple questions, because you'll go through training to gain experience later on to learn more about the products. It was an overall pretty good experience.

Interview Questions

• What experience do u have in the past?   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Charlotte, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

There are a total of three interviews, which includes a phone, in store and a district manager interview. The phone interview can be either Skype or regular. Are you willing to relocate?

Interview Questions

• What is one way you can improve safety inside and out of the work environment?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Cleveland, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

Discussed potential internship over the phone. After clearing through that stage was brought in for an in person interview at their corporate office in Cleveland, Ohio. Overall, interview was relaxed with some challenging questions.