Sherwin-Williams Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sherwin-Williams Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2017

2.5

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in May 2017.

Interview

Received a phone interview several days after applied online. And then received on-site interview invitation a few days later. All the staff are very nice to me and asked very behavioral questions.

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

I was emailed right away after applying online. I scheduled a skype interview. After that, I scheduled a store walk through. Then, I did an in person interview with the district manager. At the end of the last interview, I was told the HR manager I had been communicating with would contact me directly. All of the interviews went well. Exactly a week after my final interview, I was sent an automated email that confirmed they received my application, but they would not be selecting me for the position. This confused me because I was told the HR manager would be speaking with me and the automated email stated they confirmed receiving my application, yet I did 3 interviews. I reached out to the HR manager for clarification, but she never called me back.

Interview Questions

• Why are you changing your career path from what you did before college, to what your majored in college for?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucker, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Tucker, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back about 2 weeks later to come in. I waited about 30-45 minutes before I was led to the back to do the interview. We greeted each other and then she pulled out a sheet of paper with generic interview questions, there were around 10, that she probably pulled up offline. When I was done answering questions she would write down something on the sheet of paper that had the questions on it, presumably my answers and/or comments about me, which led to there being about a minute of awkward silence between each question. When the interview was done she asked if I had any questions and I said yes and asked her stuff like what's an average day like and her experience within the company. I didn't get a notice that I didn't get the job until about a month or two later but by that time, of course, I realized that I didn't get the job.

Chemist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for the position. My interview was scheduled for about a week after I first submitted my resume. I was interviewed by two people, and the interview was fairly casual. It was mainly about previous experience.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

I received one phone interview that lasted about 15 minutes. The questions were all very simple and behavioral. The interviewer was interested in my knowledge about Sherwin Williams but didn't ask me anything in relation to finance. The interview was simple.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with conflict.   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was interviewed a few days later by hr at the headquarters. I was then interviewed by the manager at the site. The company seemed disorganized, but the people seemed very nice and happy to work there.

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Dayton, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

Went to the office and met one individual. She had a list of about 10 questions she went through. Also veered off topic to make it more relaxed. Talked a lot about what previous interns did and where they are now.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

A phone interview with recruiter, then a interview with city and district manager.. laid back conversation style interview. The company want to see if you're the go getter type, have an entrepreneurial attitude. The interview process takes a few months. Be patient and confident

Management Training Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email about a week later to set up a phone interview with HR. Phone interview lasted about 20-30 minutes. A lot of "Tell me about a time..." questions during this interview. Next, I received an email to set up the formal interview at the district office, which was about two weeks from the initial phone interview. Now came the day for the formal interview. Two people interviewed me, one of the district managers, and one of the city managers. This interview by far was much easier than the phone interview, and it was more like a friendly conversation than anything else. Make sure you dress to impress! Interview only lasted about 10 minutes. Afterward, they sent me to do a store tour, where they gave me a questionnaire packet to fill out, and I was to ask the store manager questions off the packet. Lasted about 30 minutes. Next day, I received a job offer via email.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? (Formal interview)
      What roles do you do at your current job? (Formal interview)
      Why do you want to work for Sherwin-Williams? (Phone interview)
      Tell me about a time when you turned a negative customer experience into a positive. (Phone interview)
      Tell me about a time where a customer purchased a product that they initially didn't want. (Phone interview)
      How do you stay safe on a daily basis? (Phone interview)
      Tell me about a time where you used your leadership roles to benefit your employees. (Phone interview)
      What are your short/long term goals? (Phone interview)   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

One hour. Have a plan. Based on sales so he sure to sell yourself. Usually promoted from store level so have successful store details and what plans you executed and how the will translate into the field