Sherwin-Williams Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 17, 2017

2.6

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anniston, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Anniston, AL) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied the beginning of November and within a week I was called for an interview with the store manager. The interview was fairly easy. We discussed my resume, which had ample amount of management and retail experience. The store manager showed me around the store and showed me how they operated. I have a degree, so I informed the store manager that I have been applying with Sherwin Williams since 2012 after I graduated college. I originally applied for the MTP position. I told him that I was willing to start as an associate and work my way up. I just received my offer today for the position. I was upbeat and very positive.

Interview Questions

• So tell me about yourself? What are the duties you performed on your other jobs? Are you color blind?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Pay was decent for part-time.

Mtp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, in person interview
    Applied in August, had a phone interview in September, wasn't contacted for in person interview until November. Phone interview was pretty straight forward. In person interview was with a district manager. Their interview styles can vary.

R&D Winter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Cleveland, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

It's a phone-call interview and the interviewer from R&D Department. She asked me some questions about my previous work, but related to the project she had, I guessed. Since she's from R&D, some questions related to coating has been asked

Interview Questions

• Could you describe a time you use the coating technology to solve the problems you came across in your project?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

Phone interview a week after applying. Had an in person interview with a couple of people from the team. Hired within a month after initially applying on the portal. Smooth process and

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. Why Sherwin? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

Two quick interviews at the restaurant. They were very easy and very quick as well. They are not looking for rocket scientists it should be very easy to get the job.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

No phone screening. I directly received an onsite interview invitation from their HR department and I discussed their opening with three different people on three individual 30-45 minute sessions. They seemed to have a laid-back culture and everybody was very approachable and knowledgeable. They didn't ask anything out of the ordinary just basic behavioral questions and we discussed extensively the job responsibilities and whether I could be a good fit for their team. About a month after the interview even though I thought I did well and after two e-mails and one voicemail to their hr representative I haven't heard back from them, which I find it frustrating and unprofessional especially when you take into account that the opening was for their global headquarters.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you understand the job description with your own words   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed using an online module which prompted a question, 30 seconds to prepare your thoughts and then allowed 90 seconds to answer the question. There were 10 questions in total.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedarville, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Cedarville, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

First they did a phone interview within days of me contacting them. On the phone the lady asked me to do an in-store interview/ fill out a worksheet. The woman was very nice on the phone and it was an easy interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got contacted within a couple days by a recruiter. We set up a phone interview that lasted a little less than a half an hour. She asked about my leadership experience on my resume but not a whole lot more. She then said she'd send me contact info to set up a store visit.

I called the store and talked to the manager and set up a visit for the next day. I arrived 15 minutes early and waited about half an hour before sitting down with the manager. We talked for about an hour, no typical HR questions, just conversation about the position and job. He was very straight forward and honest about everything. The recruiter actually called me as I was driving home and asked to set up a meeting with the district managers.

I drove to the district office knowing that I was going to meet with 3 managers. I ended up talking to each of them separately for about 20-30 minutes each. The first guy was very nice, I liked him a lot. He asked some typical questions but made you feel comfortable. The second guy based a lot of questions off my resume and seemed kind of vague with his questions. The third guy talked more about the position/company rather than ask questions.

Got a call two days later by the recruiter who told me she'd be emailing me with an offer. Now, I'm just waiting on the official offer. Overall, there were no crazy questions. Just be prepared for typical STAR questions. They stress that you must be open to relocation after your trainee period (typically 6-8 weeks but can be closer to 3 months).

Interview Questions

• Q: What is your dream job?
      Q: What are you strengths?
      Q: What are your weaknesses?
      Q: What is a time that you had horrible/amazing customer service?
      Q: What is the #1 skill that you need as a manager?
      Q: What is a time that you disagreed with someone on a project?
      Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

Applied online, hear back in about two weeks. Went in for first interview that was very common and behavioral. Got a call back interview with a few more questions about a week late and if I could handle the work load. Got an official email with an offer extended. Whole process took about 5 weeks and was very straight forward.