Sherwin-Williams Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 23, 2017

2.5

Finance Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Cleveland, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

After applying on the company's website, I was contacted by a Sherwin recruiter and had a 30 minute phone interview. After that I was called into their Cleveland HQ where I had a second interview in person with 3 employees I would be working under.

Interview Questions

• What areas do you think you could improve on moving forward?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Fresno, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Received an email to set up a phone interview. Will email back and then have the interview to move forward in the process. The recruiter seems very nice and optimistic .

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in May 2017.

Interview

Received a phone interview several days after applied online. And then received on-site interview invitation a few days later. All the staff are very nice to me and asked very behavioral questions.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Cleveland, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

Very upfront with the process, timeline, and everything involved. Provided professional feedback. Very personable, so much so you walk out swearing you have the job. Have had friends that worked for the company in internship positions, very highly recommended especially for Cleveland based students.

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Richardson, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview process was fairly easy. Had an phone interview with recruiter and then an in person interview with a city manager. Questions weren't too difficult. They asked typical interview questions.

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

I was emailed right away after applying online. I scheduled a skype interview. After that, I scheduled a store walk through. Then, I did an in person interview with the district manager. At the end of the last interview, I was told the HR manager I had been communicating with would contact me directly. All of the interviews went well. Exactly a week after my final interview, I was sent an automated email that confirmed they received my application, but they would not be selecting me for the position. This confused me because I was told the HR manager would be speaking with me and the automated email stated they confirmed receiving my application, yet I did 3 interviews. I reached out to the HR manager for clarification, but she never called me back.

Interview Questions

• Why are you changing your career path from what you did before college, to what your majored in college for?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucker, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Tucker, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back about 2 weeks later to come in. I waited about 30-45 minutes before I was led to the back to do the interview. We greeted each other and then she pulled out a sheet of paper with generic interview questions, there were around 10, that she probably pulled up offline. When I was done answering questions she would write down something on the sheet of paper that had the questions on it, presumably my answers and/or comments about me, which led to there being about a minute of awkward silence between each question. When the interview was done she asked if I had any questions and I said yes and asked her stuff like what's an average day like and her experience within the company. I didn't get a notice that I didn't get the job until about a month or two later but by that time, of course, I realized that I didn't get the job.

Chemist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for the position. My interview was scheduled for about a week after I first submitted my resume. I was interviewed by two people, and the interview was fairly casual. It was mainly about previous experience.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

I received one phone interview that lasted about 15 minutes. The questions were all very simple and behavioral. The interviewer was interested in my knowledge about Sherwin Williams but didn't ask me anything in relation to finance. The interview was simple.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with conflict.   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was interviewed a few days later by hr at the headquarters. I was then interviewed by the manager at the site. The company seemed disorganized, but the people seemed very nice and happy to work there.