Sherwin-Williams Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.5

Senior Oracle BPM Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Cleveland, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

Their interview process has few rounds.
    1. HR Talks to you about salary and rest of those eligibility things.
    2. First technical round over phone.
    3. Face to Face interview for half day (Several technical rounds with managerial)

Interview Questions

• What are best approaches you see in previous versions of BPM software that you feel good to have in the latest version   1 Answer
    • How was their reimbursement policy when you go for face to face   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

The interviewing process was simple. Applying at sherwin williams is not hard. After applying they will call you within 3-5 days for an interview. After the interview it only takes about a week for them to start you.

Interview Questions

• about myself and other basic interview questions regarding the job   Answer Question

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

The process is slow so patience is a requirement to move through the process. Screening interview, store visit, & interviewing with district manager or managers. As some districts are larger, they are divided into regions so if you live in a large metropolitan area be prepared to be interviewed by more than one district manager.

Interview Questions

• Many "tell me about a time" questions. Also questions regarding safety.   Answer Question

Sales and Management Interview

Interview

Process started with a brief phone interview, which lead to a Skype interview with HR manager. About 1 week later received call that I had been chosen for the internship and had a meeting with the district manager to begin.

Interview Questions

• What is one time that you failed or didn't meet a deadline, and how did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Interview

Interview Questions

• what are you career goals with Sherwin Williams   1 Answer

Management/Sales Training Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and one day after received a email for phone interview. The HR was very nice and friendly.

The question is very normal:

1. Why you choose the university, major and what did you learn from the program?
    2. Based on your experience, what makes you great candidate for this position.
    3. What is your understanding about the program and how you know the company.

Interview Questions

• Why you choose the university, major and what did you learn from the program?   Answer Question
    • Based on your experience, what makes you great candidate for this position.   Answer Question
    • What is your understanding about the program and how you know the company.   Answer Question

Management Training Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Apply online, get a phone call to interview in person, you'll visit a store and they'll show you what all they do. The interview is pretty standard, no surprises. You will not be asked anything that you couldn't expect at any interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an irate customer?   1 Answer

Decorative Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Detroit, MI).

Interview

First a phone interview then a one on one with a store mgr then the Informal interview in the store. Many aspects of the job were discussed. My territory would be multiple stores over a 50 mile radius. Mileage and an iPhone would be provided as well. (This seemed more a formality as the headquarters in Cleveland is in charge of the Color consultants. ) Must have a degree or in your last semester to be qualified.

Interview Questions

• How would I build the retail customer base and increase sales for decorative products.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ask for a higher salary if you have experience...raises are tiny.

Management Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Tallahassee, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

The first interview was held on Skype and consisted of the typical interview questions centered around why I chose the company and the company. Nothing too difficult. The follow-up interview was held at a restaurant and consisted of personality/scenario questions. The interviews lasted around 25 mins apiece. They really do a good job gauging if you're a good fit for the company.

Area Recruitment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Schaumburg, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

I was an internal candidate. They hire almost 94% from within so thank goodness. Was given a phone interview, then flown out to the office to meet with the Area HR Manager and the VP of Sales for the area. VP of sales asked some tough questions but they liked my gusto.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this job?/Why do you want this job?   1 Answer