Sherwin-Williams Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sherwin-Williams Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2017

2.5

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed using an online module which prompted a question, 30 seconds to prepare your thoughts and then allowed 90 seconds to answer the question. There were 10 questions in total.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedarville, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Cedarville, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

First they did a phone interview within days of me contacting them. On the phone the lady asked me to do an in-store interview/ fill out a worksheet. The woman was very nice on the phone and it was an easy interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got contacted within a couple days by a recruiter. We set up a phone interview that lasted a little less than a half an hour. She asked about my leadership experience on my resume but not a whole lot more. She then said she'd send me contact info to set up a store visit.

I called the store and talked to the manager and set up a visit for the next day. I arrived 15 minutes early and waited about half an hour before sitting down with the manager. We talked for about an hour, no typical HR questions, just conversation about the position and job. He was very straight forward and honest about everything. The recruiter actually called me as I was driving home and asked to set up a meeting with the district managers.

I drove to the district office knowing that I was going to meet with 3 managers. I ended up talking to each of them separately for about 20-30 minutes each. The first guy was very nice, I liked him a lot. He asked some typical questions but made you feel comfortable. The second guy based a lot of questions off my resume and seemed kind of vague with his questions. The third guy talked more about the position/company rather than ask questions.

Got a call two days later by the recruiter who told me she'd be emailing me with an offer. Now, I'm just waiting on the official offer. Overall, there were no crazy questions. Just be prepared for typical STAR questions. They stress that you must be open to relocation after your trainee period (typically 6-8 weeks but can be closer to 3 months).

Interview Questions

• Q: What is your dream job?
      Q: What are you strengths?
      Q: What are your weaknesses?
      Q: What is a time that you had horrible/amazing customer service?
      Q: What is the #1 skill that you need as a manager?
      Q: What is a time that you disagreed with someone on a project?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

Applied online, hear back in about two weeks. Went in for first interview that was very common and behavioral. Got a call back interview with a few more questions about a week late and if I could handle the work load. Got an official email with an offer extended. Whole process took about 5 weeks and was very straight forward.

Senior Oracle BPM Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Cleveland, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

Their interview process has few rounds.
    1. HR Talks to you about salary and rest of those eligibility things.
    2. First technical round over phone.
    3. Face to Face interview for half day (Several technical rounds with managerial)

Interview Questions

• What are best approaches you see in previous versions of BPM software that you feel good to have in the latest version   1 Answer
    • How was their reimbursement policy when you go for face to face   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

The interviewing process was simple. Applying at sherwin williams is not hard. After applying they will call you within 3-5 days for an interview. After the interview it only takes about a week for them to start you.

Interview Questions

• about myself and other basic interview questions regarding the job   Answer Question

Interview

Process started with a brief phone interview, which lead to a Skype interview with HR manager. About 1 week later received call that I had been chosen for the internship and had a meeting with the district manager to begin.

Interview Questions

• What is one time that you failed or didn't meet a deadline, and how did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

The process is slow so patience is a requirement to move through the process. Screening interview, store visit, & interviewing with district manager or managers. As some districts are larger, they are divided into regions so if you live in a large metropolitan area be prepared to be interviewed by more than one district manager.

Interview Questions

• Many "tell me about a time" questions. Also questions regarding safety.   Answer Question

Interview

First a phone interview then a one on one with a store mgr then the Informal interview in the store. Many aspects of the job were discussed. My territory would be multiple stores over a 50 mile radius. Mileage and an iPhone would be provided as well. (This seemed more a formality as the headquarters in Cleveland is in charge of the Color consultants. ) Must have a degree or…

Interview Questions

• what are you career goals with Sherwin Williams   1 Answer

Management/Sales Training Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and one day after received a email for phone interview. The HR was very nice and friendly.

The question is very normal:

1. Why you choose the university, major and what did you learn from the program?
    2. Based on your experience, what makes you great candidate for this position.
    3. What is your understanding about the program and how you know the company.

Interview Questions

• Why you choose the university, major and what did you learn from the program?   Answer Question
    • Based on your experience, what makes you great candidate for this position.   Answer Question
    • What is your understanding about the program and how you know the company.   Answer Question