Sherwin-Williams Management Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.8

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Newark, DE) in June 2017.

Interview

I was emailed to set up a time for a phone interview a few weeks after I applied. At the arranged time, I received a call and we spoke for a little under an hour. During the interview, I noted that I was interested in being considered for the position in another area. The recruiter said she'd forward my resume and her notes (she wanted to continue and do the full interview) to that area's recruiter. I was left with an overall positive impression, but then I never heard from the company again.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond (it doesn't have to be work related).   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

Standard phone interview, I was asked to tell the interviewer about myself and then they asked that I go over my resume from my oldest job to my most recent job. They described the position in more detail and asked how I felt about it and about moving from my current city.

Interview Questions

• I did not think they would have me go over my resume from oldest to most recent job in such detail, I was asked to go over every line.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Chico, CA).

Interview

Met recruiters at campus career fair. It was pretty easy to get an interview, she just had me sign up on a sheet. She was very nice, but seemed to be grabbing any student that was interested no matter how they were.

Interview Questions

• What has been the worst negative feedback you have received from a current employer?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in September 2014.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview. It was about 30 minutes. I'm an HR management major but wanted to try out management. During the interview, he kept saying everything was perfect and liked my qualifications. He asked me basic questions and how I work in a stressful situation. I would have definitely liked to read up on the company beforehand but it was pretty short notice - I got a call the day before and I am in many clubs on campus.

Interview Questions

• "If you had to choose between this Management Trainee position or a HR position, which would you choose?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Atlanta, GA) in March 2009.

Interview

Presented good impression of Co. Lot of hard work, but rewarding.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in September 2011.

Interview

Call was about 30 mins. Reception wasn't great; had it been all would have gone better. General information; back and forth. Offer would come later.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in July 2011.

Interview

I applied for the Management Trainee Program online through the Sherwin Williams website. I was contacted by a recruiter about a week after I submitted my application. I informed him I was looking for work in a specific city because I was relocating there. He said once I got there we could schedule a phone interview.

The recruiter scheduled the interview, emailed me at the last minute to reschedule, and then missed the interview because he scheduled something else around the same time. I found that very disrespectful, as I spent almost an hour waiting (in addition to the time I spent prepping) for the call until he told me what had happened. He called me the next day, and asked fairly easy and generic questions.

He asked if I was willing to relocate. I said I was, but not for a little while, because I had just signed a lease on an apartment that I could not break. The recruiter explained that even though I had applied for a listing in the city I lived in, I could not stay there once training was done due to a lack of available positions. I would have to relocate about five hours away if I wanted the job. The was no help with relocation costs if I had to break my lease or pay rent on two places.

Overall, I felt the interview process was very unprofessional. They need to be more specific on what they mean by "relocate." I feel they should not list openings in a certain city if they cannot guarantee space. I felt my time was wasted especially since I was upfront about the fact that I had just moved to that city.