Sherwin-Williams Manager Training MTP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 15, 2018

2.9

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Training MTP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in November 2017.

Interview

I met with representatives from Sherwin Williams Automotive Finishes at a university career fair and I had my first interview about 2 weeks after. The initial interview lasted approximately 40 minutes and it was quite casual as well as informational. The two reps that I interviewed with referred me to reps in another area that I was interested in working in. I was in contact with those reps within hours and we scheduled a second interview. The second interview lasted much longer than the first (almost 2 hours) and the majority of the interview was getting to know each other and delving into specific details about company and position that weren't covered in the initial interview. The reps I interviewed with were great and made the interview a stress-free, enjoyable experience. I got to sit down and talk to an employee who was in the same position I applied for which was a nice touch. I received an offer about 10 days later.

Interview Questions

• The first interview involved some STAR questions such as "tell us about a time when you had to overcome adversity?" The second interview focused more on career goals and personal characteristics.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Manager Training MTP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

I applied online and heard back within a few days. I had a phone interview. She said that I would hear back within the next few weeks for an in person interview, but I have not heard anything yet.

Interview Questions

• Name an instance that you have went above and beyond for a customer? What did you do?   Answer Question
    • Describe a job that you did not like and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

First, I had a phone screen. She asked me basic questions relating to my past work experience, and she went over what to expect from the MTP program, if I had any questions, etc. Then, literally a day later, I was invited to do an interview with the DM (usually you do a store interview in-between). The interview was somewhat lengthy, but I also like to talk a lot. He asked me STAR behavioral-based questions and wanted to know more about what I knew about the company, what my career objectives were, etc. Overall, it was a pretty average-difficulty interview for a grad coming right out of college. As long as you have some general idea of what you're going to say, you'll be fine. Just remember to answer in the STAR format, look professional, smile, have a few questions prepared, and make eye contact! This is a customer-service based industry, so how you present yourself matters. Glassdoor is an excellent resource!

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you shared a different vision from that of your supervisor, professor, parents, co-worker, etc. (How did you attempt to resolve it?)   Answer Question

Manager Training MTP Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

A phone interview with recruiter, then a interview with city and district manager.. laid back conversation style interview. The company want to see if you're the go getter type, have an entrepreneurial attitude. The interview process takes a few months. Be patient and confident

Manager Training MTP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in February 2017.

Interview

Applied Online on the career page, about two weeks later scheduled a Phone Interview with the district recruiter, easy questions and getting information not he position, the went to schedule and Interview with District Manager.

Manager Training MTP Interview

Interview

HR phone interview. Store visit where you meet the staff and get to know the day in the life of the store team. Final interview at district office. They asked typical behavioral interview questions and questions about why you want to work here etc. It was very easy going and straight forward. It took about two weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is not much of a negotiation. All MTP's make around the same starting salary

Manager Training MTP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with HR recruiter over phone first. Next was a in Store Visit. Interview with district manager was final interview. About a week later a message stating that the company has gone with other candidates was received.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Lansing, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview was about 40 minutes. He asked me all the usual questions and I answered them as best I could. He was impressed with a lot of My answers And set up an appointment for me to speak to one last person. Upon approval an offer was extended.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Buffalo, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email asking me to schedule an interview about 2 weeks after I initially applied. The whole phone interview process takes about 45 minutes. So be sure to make time for the interview. Interview went really well and I received an invitation for and in-store interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself with the company in 1-3 years and in 5-10 years?   1 Answer

Manager Training MTP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

First you get a phone interview, then a store visit and the next one would be a one on one interview. The phone interview is just basic questions and scenarios and the store visit is more of a tour of the store.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us, strengths, weaknesses and scenarios with a time when...   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just be prepared for your interview