Sherwin-Williams Manager Training MTP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 11, 2017

2.9

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Training MTP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

I applied online and heard back within a few days. I had a phone interview. She said that I would hear back within the next few weeks for an in person interview, but I have not heard anything yet.

Interview Questions

• Name an instance that you have went above and beyond for a customer? What did you do?   Answer Question
  • Describe a job that you did not like and why?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

First, I had a phone screen. She asked me basic questions relating to my past work experience, and she went over what to expect from the MTP program, if I had any questions, etc. Then, literally a day later, I was invited to do an interview with the DM (usually you do a store interview in-between). The interview was somewhat lengthy, but I also like to talk a lot. He asked me STAR behavioral-based questions and wanted to know more about what I knew about the company, what my career objectives were, etc. Overall, it was a pretty average-difficulty interview for a grad coming right out of college. As long as you have some general idea of what you're going to say, you'll be fine. Just remember to answer in the STAR format, look professional, smile, have a few questions prepared, and make eye contact! This is a customer-service based industry, so how you present yourself matters. Glassdoor is an excellent resource!

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you shared a different vision from that of your supervisor, professor, parents, co-worker, etc. (How did you attempt to resolve it?)   Answer Question

Manager Training MTP Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

A phone interview with recruiter, then a interview with city and district manager.. laid back conversation style interview. The company want to see if you're the go getter type, have an entrepreneurial attitude. The interview process takes a few months. Be patient and confident

Manager Training MTP Interview

Interview

HR phone interview. Store visit where you meet the staff and get to know the day in the life of the store team. Final interview at district office. They asked typical behavioral interview questions and questions about why you want to work here etc. It was very easy going and straight forward. It took about two weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is not much of a negotiation. All MTP's make around the same starting salary

Manager Training MTP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with HR recruiter over phone first. Next was a in Store Visit. Interview with district manager was final interview. About a week later a message stating that the company has gone with other candidates was received.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Buffalo, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email asking me to schedule an interview about 2 weeks after I initially applied. The whole phone interview process takes about 45 minutes. So be sure to make time for the interview. Interview went really well and I received an invitation for and in-store interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself with the company in 1-3 years and in 5-10 years?   1 Answer

Manager Training MTP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

First you get a phone interview, then a store visit and the next one would be a one on one interview. The phone interview is just basic questions and scenarios and the store visit is more of a tour of the store.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us, strengths, weaknesses and scenarios with a time when...   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just be prepared for your interview

Manager Training MTP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in May 2016.

Interview

Skype, store visit, final in person meeting with district manager. I received a job offer and given a tentative start date. HR called me a week later because my background check showed a charge. The case had been dropped and I am getting it expunged shortly but they did not care and basically ghosted me. They said "if anything shows up", even if it's not a conviction, it's against their policy. No discretion, it was very sad and frustrating. Save yourself the heartache if you're in a situation like mine.

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Melbourne, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by a recruiter and she seemed to really like me and sounded impressed. As most people seem to go to the store manager as the next part of the interview process she forwarded my resume directly to the district manager. The interview I feel went pretty well and I answered the questions to best of my ability. I interviewed two days ago and still waiting for a response. I really hope I get the job

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were told to do something that went against company policy   1 Answer

Manager Training MTP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

Interviewed with Regional Sales Rep and HR manager. After that I went to visit a location where I was interviewed by the same sales rep as well as another rep. Very laid back people, good company structure but the price offer was a little low for me.

Interview Questions

• Not really scenario, more just based on past experiences and how you handle different situations   Answer Question