Sherwin-Williams Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 17, 2017

3.1

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, about 30 minutes personable and very professional and courteous. Followed up with me within 24 hour to inform of position Filled status. Was set up 48 hours in advance by coordinator

Interview Questions

• What is your nine month business plan. And how you plan to achieve set goals. And why should I hire you over any other candidate   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

District Manager was very interested and involved. Instead of his Secretary setting his interview he personally contacted me and asked what time was best for me. Interview was rather casual as he asked his questions in a personable matter.

Interview Questions

• He asked about my experience with the P/L   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Basic Interview, starts out with a phone call then a face to face call and then a meeting with the DM followed by a store visit. Then they will get back to you pretty fast through a recruiter that initially contacted you.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Houston, TX).

Interview

Direct, informative, passionate, and enthusiastic. The Manager who interviewed is still with Sherwin Williams. Because of that one Manager, I knew this was a place I wanted to grow in. Made me feel assertive, confident, and really wanted to push me to success.

Interview Questions

• Paint is universal, but at the same time brings us closer together. What does paint mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (San Antonio, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

It started with a phone interview, very general questions such as, why Sherwin Williams, why you chose your major, what leadership skills you have.

Although I was reached out to the company because of my resume, I replied and I got another reply 1 week later. We set up a phone interview, it went great the lady liked me and said she wanted me to continue on to the next interview with the store manager. She said she will get back to me within 3 days
    A week passes I call and email, and never got back to me' it been a month and still no word to bad for them

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for them   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Walnut Creek, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

3 Interview stages easy to apply for need to drive to walnut creek for interviews. Everyone was very professional to talk to. Final interview is with Human Recourse Manager.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your self in 2-5 Years?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Making sure the individual is comfortable as possible, by doing so it can help them answer questions and get a better understanding of the job. Also making sure the candidate is professional and presentable.

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Posted to an internal job posting, which was followed by a call to inform me I would be interviewed by the hiring manager. The interview took about a hour to a hour and half upon which I was informed I would be notified shortly of his/her decision. I was offered the position within a couple of days with my asking salary and I accepted

Negotiation

n/a

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

Basic STAR Format. Situation/Task, Action, Result. Past performance is best indicator of future performance.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You are told your salary, take it or leave it.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

Interviews can be fairly relaxed. Rest assured, they have a fairly good idea of who they want in a position prior to interviews. If you're already working for the company, it's always good to call dm to inquire about position before posting. You can get a good intuition if you'd be a candidate by asking them a few questions. Never talk down about your previous boss, but how you'd improve in a positive manner.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to do most of the talking with their open ended questions over past experience and your future plans in your potential assignment. Even if you wouldn't at the time, explain that you'd be flexible in relocating. If you're willing to move for the company and are somewhat successful, you can get almost any position that you want.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations are not going to happen as we're paid on a scale based on years of service and job title.