Shi by Journeys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 13, 2017

2.0

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mishawaka, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shi by Journeys (Mishawaka, IN) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Went in 10 minutes early for my interview waited over 40 minutes for the manager to finish whatever she was doing. Then was told she didn't have time to interview me and to come back in 2 hours to share an interview with her next interview appointment.

Interview Questions

• What's one experience in retail where you wish you did better?   1 Answer

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shi by Journeys (Jersey City, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for journeys and i recieved a phone call for an interview. When i went for the interview, they had many of us in the store waiting. Then they randomly chose 6 of us and took us to the back and interviewed us in a group. It was the most disorganized thing ever! They asked one question to everyone and then everyone in the room started like raising their voices and yelling to see who responds first. When you want to respond first they would yell over your voice. And the interviewers (2 managers) would listen and a few people wouldnt be able to talk and they would continue to next question. Nope, horrible, unprofessional experience.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shi by Journeys (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2016.

Interview

Called and asked if I would be interested in an interview. Interview was in the mall. Asked pretty basic interview questions. The manager I spoke with was awful. Looking around the entire interview and never made eye contact with me. Called a day later and offered me the position.

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shi by Journeys (Sandy, UT) in May 2016.

Interview

First interview with the store manager, second interview was a panel with the district manager and several other store managers. Asked several questions from a packet, with follow up questions and hypotheticals.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to give negative feedback to an employee. How did you handle it and what was the result?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to work very long hours. How did it affect your performance?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Turlock, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shi by Journeys (Turlock, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online went in the store to give them a resume. They called me back the next day for an interview. The interview was short and she asked me to tell her a little about myself and then at the end she asked me to sell her a shoe. This is the most important thing even if you never done it before they just want to see if you are able to. I called and they keep saying they will call me back but never did... I guess I didn't get the job but the interview was very simple.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shi by Journeys (Fort Wayne, IN) in August 2015.

Interview

I was interview by a district manager and a district manager-in-training. The Shi I was interviewed at was inside a mall! They were absolutely friendly! Once you enter the store, just approach the register & tell them that you're here for the interview! They had me walk outside of the store with them around the mall. Just asking me questions. JUST BE YOURSELF!

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shi by Journeys (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

They have a thorough interview, but they are so desperate, they will take anyone. They ask behavioral questions... I know this because I interview for the company all the time. They just aren't picky about your answers.

Interview Questions

• They ask behavioral questions and want specific examples.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shi by Journeys (Grand Rapids, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied and got a call 2 weeks later to come in to have an interview. I went in the next day for my interview except there was some confusion and the interview was for Journeys not shi so they said they'd call me back to set up an interview with Shi they called back a week later. I set up an interview for the next day. My interviewer was super chill and nice and I got hired on the spot( keep in mind this was my first interview)

Interview Questions

• We have sale goals in our store, name a time where you had to meet a goal?   Answer Question
    • On Saturdays we get very busy, how well would you be able to multitask?   Answer Question
    • If you could be any animal what would you be?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Shi by Journeys in September 2014.

Interview

Face-to-face conversation with the store manager. She asked for a brief summary and asked a series of situational questions. We talked about the different types of people already working in the team and how they wanted someone to compliment the dynamics. I also meet with the co-manager who asked me about my experience and interests in fashion retail. We also discussed my interest in growing in the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were able to up-sell a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shi by Journeys (San Marcos, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online, called the store to see if they were still hiring and if they reviewed my application, manager said to come in the next day for a group interview. It was just odd. She was rude and bitchy. Said only 2 girls would get the position. The rules were too strict as well.