Shiftgig Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Shiftgig

1.7

Server/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shiftgig (Tampa, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Sabrina Hold was the interviewer. She was very nice and upbeat so there was no need to be scared or intimidated. She first showed us a ShiftGig presentation before she when down the sign in list to call each person. Yes it was a group interview with about ten people. We were asked to have two forms of ID before arriving. The process was quick and smooth. We were all asked about our work experience and also asked how did we hear about ShiftGig. Most were referred by friends and family. Which made Sabrina very happy. If you were a fit she simply asked you to stay seated. After the intervire we were asked to take a photo and to provide Sabrina with both forms of ID. Mine were my Florida Driver's License and Social Security Card. After that we were sent two emails and were asked to complete our paper work such as a W-4 and I9. Overall the whole experience was positive and I like what I've experienced so far.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about ShiftGig? What is your past work experience? Where is the nicest place you served? Do you have anymore work experience that relates to ShiftGig?   Answer Question

Server/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shiftgig (Tampa, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Sign In and she basically describes what shift gig is and the policy. Is it is a group interview so yes while you are being interviewed others are watching!! Then she goes around and ask the same interview to everyone. I'd advise your outfit is dress to impress. No colored hair or piercings bc she will point it out.

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shiftgig (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Took less than a week to get hired. Went in for an interview same week of my application started working the following week. They do a back ground check and training when hired

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shiftgig (Houston, TX).

Interview

I went to the office after applying online, watched a presentation, and then filled out some information on a computer in the office. Then as soon as the background check was complete I could accept jobs in the app.

Accounts Receivable Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shiftgig.

Interview

I initially had a phone interview with the talent manager and it went well. He set up an in-person interview, but the day before let me know that he would be out of town and would be meeting with the manager instead at 9am. I show up and the manager has the wrong time listed for me, so he was completely unprepared. I had to wait about 10 minutes for him to get ready. He asked standard questions about my experience and then at the end brought over his manager, who was incredibly offensive. He started firing off questions left and right that had nothing to do with the position including "what did you get on the math portion of your ACT?" The job description mentioned nothing about "math" it was more data entry and processing (basic stuff). I graduated college with a degree in economics and have work experience in data; that question was when I decided I wanted nothing to do with this company. Such a waste of my time. There was a clear lack of communication between what the manager wanted and what the talent manger was looking for.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shiftgig (Dallas, TX).

Interview

It was the most laid back interview ever. I came into the office and spoke with the GM which lasted about 10 minutes, I showed up early for my interview and was gone before my actual interview. He set up a second interview with the regional account manager, and that "conversation" lasted 10 minutes also. They were really conversations I feel getting my vibe and seeing if i'll be a great fit for the office. I also interviewed with someone from corporate it was a phone "conversation" that lasted maybe 5 minutes super chill also. At the end of every "interview" it was "great I want to move forward". I knew they were interested in hiring me.

Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shiftgig (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Even if the candidate isn't the one you want, don't cut the interview off at 10 minutes. Don't ever let the candidate leave with a negative impression of the company. Clearly these entrepreneurs need professional coaching and how to speak to candidates. They're projecting a culture of arrogance and overlook key performance indicators when identifying talent. They think experience trumps all else and that is not the case. In my 24 years of professional experience this was the shortest, most unprofessional interview I ever had. Would hate to see anyone else be treated that way.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer never asked much about my background. Was only focused on being able to check off every box and stopped interview when I didn't give him the answer he wanted about how I would handle service delivery.   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Interview

Basic interview questions, nothing too complicated. Some questions on major and reasons behind choosing major, as well as looking at past experience. Depending what you're applying for, you can try to differentiate yourself by offering to take on more responsibilities within the company beyond just doing the position you're applying for.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Shiftgig in May 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview that led to a very brief in person interview. They seem disinterested overall and the questions were very basic and unenthusiastic. No offer but it clearly wasn't a good fit anyway.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doral, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shiftgig (Doral, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

I started with the application process online where it asks you to choose between different job types like call center, food service, or experiential events. I chose the experiential events one. Soon after that I got an email to schedule an interview.
    When the day of the interview came, I drove down to the office where they had a TV playing some buzzfeed videos on Youtube and a bunch of chairs set up, that's when you realize it's a group interview.

The videos played while we waited for anyone else in that time slot to show up. There were just three of us, and the ShiftGig employee there went through his presentation with some slides talking about the Company and the App and how pay and their discipline system works.

He took questions, and then had us go on computers to fill out a ton of forms of personal information. We took turns going into an office with the guy so he could talk to us one on one about out experience and skills and what we were there to do. filling out all the necessary paperwork. I was told I would hear back on whether I was accepted or denied within 48 hours or so.

After a few days and getting no answer, I called/emailed my local office to ask about the status of my application but got no answer or response. So, after over a week, I called the number for the Chicago HQ and talked to someone about it and they apologized and admitted that my paperwork was never submitted by the local team and they would reach out to them to get that taken care of.

After a couple more days, I finally got an email saying I was accepted into the team.