Shiftgig Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shiftgig Interview Questions

Interviews at Shiftgig

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Shiftgig (Tempe, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

Went to the office (barebones but I figured it was because they have been there for about half a year), checked in and was asked for two vaild forms of ID, they took pictures of it (I wanted to leave just for that reason alone, so sketch and should only be done when offered). I was handed a form to fill out and when i asked if they wanted a resume they said it wasn't necessary.....okay that's a first. I sat down and waited as the other 4 people showed up and we all waited for 15 min for the hiring administrator to start the presentation. They showed us a video that explained the process of acquiring shifts and what the rules are and other policies. Then they had a group interview and asked us what previous experience we have in the areas they jobs in. I was interviewed for about five minutes and when we were all done the hiring admin said we would be contacted in 24 hours. This was on a Friday and I called on Monday and was told by the lady on the phone that she would notify the hiring staff about the status of my application. I still haven't been called but it Tuesday night. Still it seems like they were more interested with the 2 women that had referrals and the rest were just filler. Either way it seems like the office is still in a learning phase. I wonder if my identity or someone else's id going to be compromised. I mean honestly they have an iPad with what I'm assuming to be hundreds of high quality pics of passports, drivers licenses, social security cards, and in my case permanent resident cards great and since it's Apple it's probably on the cloud. I wish I read glass door for this one. I was the only one who was open all week and all hours of the day lol.

Interview Questions

Shiftgig Response

May 24, 2016 – Social Media and Social Advertising Coordinator

Hey there, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We're sorry to hear you did not find the interview process enjoyable. We strive to provide our candidates a great experience... More

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shiftgig (Tampa, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

It is a group interview, they bring you to the office, they sit you down, explain the company and how the work process is operated, then they go one by one and ask about your experience and what your skills are. They add these skills as "tags" on your profile to match you to appropriate shifts, which you pick up through the app.

Interview Questions

• What experience working do you have   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shiftgig (Nashville, TN) in September 2016.

Interview

Brief online application followed by an in-person interview and app training session. You just have to show up at the right time and fill out the necessary forms to be hired. They are not very exclusive and seem to need staff badly right now.

Interview Questions

• Basic job and skills experience. Interview is not in-depth.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shiftgig (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Group interview in their midtown Manhattan office. Everyone sits together, answers rapid-fire questions, and then the people who *aren't* picked have their pictures taken and are sent down in the elevator one by one. The people left behind are hired on the spot and given netbooks to complete their onboarding paperwork. One of the slickest hiring processes I have EVER seen.

Interview Questions

• Where did you hear about us? How much serving experience do you have? Can you bartend? Will you do factory work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doral, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shiftgig (Doral, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

I started with the application process online where it asks you to choose between different job types like call center, food service, or experiential events. I chose the experiential events one. Soon after that I got an email to schedule an interview.
    When the day of the interview came, I drove down to the office where they had a TV playing some buzzfeed videos on Youtube and a bunch of chairs set up, that's when you realize it's a group interview.

The videos played while we waited for anyone else in that time slot to show up. There were just three of us, and the ShiftGig employee there went through his presentation with some slides talking about the Company and the App and how pay and their discipline system works.

He took questions, and then had us go on computers to fill out a ton of forms of personal information. We took turns going into an office with the guy so he could talk to us one on one about out experience and skills and what we were there to do. filling out all the necessary paperwork. I was told I would hear back on whether I was accepted or denied within 48 hours or so.

After a few days and getting no answer, I called/emailed my local office to ask about the status of my application but got no answer or response. So, after over a week, I called the number for the Chicago HQ and talked to someone about it and they apologized and admitted that my paperwork was never submitted by the local team and they would reach out to them to get that taken care of.

After a couple more days, I finally got an email saying I was accepted into the team.

Event Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shiftgig (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Create Online profile on website, entering all basic info. A follow up email with links for soon following there will background checks and tax form uploads. Face to face meeting within a week to verify. Generally in a site within 30 days

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Shiftgig (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied Online. There was a group interview about past employers and what was performed there. Since there was a group of us, it was interesting to learn about different people from different places with different background and what they did for a living.

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shiftgig (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

I did everything they asked for, but when it came to the scheduled time for the interview, nothing. I waited even past the scheduled time, but nothing still. I'm emailing them about this, but if I wouldn't bet much on it as their work ethics here are bad.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shiftgig (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn and offered a phone interview with the head of marketing. She did most of the talking and told me all about the company. This talk led to an in person interview. I was really excited to meet the team! But I arrived that day and the recruiter I had talked to was no where in site. I was then made to wait in a meeting room for awhile before the head of marketing came to meet me. She then proceeded to repeat everything she had told me on the phone-- asking me next to no questions about me or my experience. Next, I met with two members of her team who were very polite and inquisitive. Lastly, I met with the head of the UX team who pretty much contradicted everything the head of marketing told me about the design needs of the company. I left the interview feeling completely uneasy. A few days later I sent a letter to the office thanking the head of marketing for the interview and never heard back from her or the ghost of a recruiter.

Daycare Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Shiftgig (Dallas, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Application in interview I did training in the next day I got hired I work for free one day to see how I worked they liked how I worked and immediately I got hired plus I had a great attitude