Shimmick Construction Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shimmick Construction Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Shimmick Construction

Contracts Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shimmick Construction (Long Beach, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Waited a few minutes... interviewer was a resume reader who went down my resume and asked questions about each section. The wait to hear back was about 2 weeks.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shimmick Construction (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Initially relaxed. On campus interview was with 3 employees. Interview proceeding that was in California and extensive 2 hours of round robin interviewing which included 8, 15 minute interviews, with 2 employees in each interview. The interviewers ranged up to the CEO of the company.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shimmick Construction.

Interview

Talked to recruiter initially at a job fair, was called for an interview a couple weeks later. Flown in for the weekend. Full day of interviews and job site tours, then all interviewees were taken to a basketball game in a private box with a lot of the company employees and executives. Overall a long but very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions, just a lot of them. 8 two-on-one or three-on-one interviews.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shimmick Construction (Oakland, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

The process is typically a round robin interview process across multiple managers in the home office or at various project offices. You sit with either one manager or 2 or 3 managers at a time for the interview. Experience and technical questions are often asked and compensation and benefit clarity is given. It's a very laid back process. In some cases, depending on the position, additional happy hour or other activities follow the interview process.

Interview Questions

• I was asked technical questions regarding past project with other employers that I had worked on. It got down to the details of equipment, falsework, etc.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shimmick Construction in September 2010.

Interview

Great time. They know how to have fun. There were about 10 short interviews with two or more people, and everyone they pretty much just asked "Tell me about yourself." Later they took us to the Lakers game, where you were able to network with the guys more. Overall it was a great experience, but this company isn't for everyone. I kinda got the feel that they try to make it out to be fun all the time and work isn't like that.
    Overall great guys, fun atmosphere, not for everyone, but check them out.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shimmick Construction in March 2011.

Interview

Morning: job site tour
    Lunch: CPK
    Afternoon: 10 interviews with 20-30 people in the company- each interview lasted 10-15 minutes
    Dinner: Basketball game at Oracle Arena to watch Golden State Warriors

They like to work really hard but seem to play really hard too. May be tough if you're looking for work-life balance.

Interview Questions

• If you ran across someone who did not or would not work well independently, what would you do?   1 Answer