Shipco Transport Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 26, 2016

3.1

Profit and Loss Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shipco Transport (Hoboken, NJ).

Interview

I apply in career builder.com. I got a phone call to set up an interview and got a job within 2 weeks. They also do sponsor H1B visa for international employee. I really appreciate this company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shipco Transport in April 2016.

Interview

Three round where there
    1)Aptitude round in that basic questions where there
    2)Typing test bcoz you need to work on Computer so that's why.
    3)Interview round in that the HR will check your presence of mind.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They check your presence of mind and confidence.
    Good working culture and environment
    They provide various certificate.

PHP Devepoler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shipco Transport (Pune (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

There were 3 round 1st was technical round 2nd written technical round 3rd was face to face round at shipco head office the rounds were average in terms of difficulties.

Interview Questions

• Basic C/C++ programming Questions
      swapping two digits without 3rd variables
      palindrome without inbuilt functions
      and few ques on MY SQL
      Answer Question

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shipco Transport (Pune (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

It was simple , I was went through 30 mins interview in which they asked me about my knowledge and background. Then Asked me about shipping terms and port operations as well as export import process flow and then about my last employer and working over there it was easy basically.

Accounting Trainee Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Shipco Transport (Hoboken, NJ) in January 2015.

Interview

It was by skype since I was in Colombia, they asked me about my prior experience and jobs, why I thought they should hired me, which things did I have to offer to the company and if I was willing to work under high stress levels

Interview Questions

• My experience in the area, why I wanted to work in accounting   1 Answer

Junior Integration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shipco Transport (Mumbai (India)) in July 2012.

Interview

Number Of Interviews : 3
    1st Round : HR Round ( General Questions) Just to check your communication skills
    2nd Round : Telephonic Round with Team Leader (What you know about the company, business and other questions such as what is SDLC process, How you will gather requirements etc.)
    3rd Round : Manager Round ( Again starts with general questions, then will give you some scenario and ask to draw use case diagram on that, very detailed Q&A session, Its pretty difficult to satisfy and convince him that you are right person for this job.)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hahaha, You need to be very smart for this or else you wont get what you want.

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shipco Transport (Elizabeth, NJ) in July 2012.

Interview

Coming into this interview, you're expected to have some IT background. This is a support role where you will be responding to tickets and the more you close, the better. The process was not difficult, they ask you about the industry (NVOCC) but you don't have to know everything as you will primarily be responding to computer related questions. They'll present a small questionnaire on how you would respond to a certain problem, eg someone's emails are not coming in, cannot connect to server, my monitor resolution is off, my keyboard isn't responding, etc. If you can answer these, you'll pretty much be hired.

Interview Questions

• Discuss your prior experience when following up on a client/customer request (in any profession) came to be too overwhelming. How did you respond?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay isn't high but I was in the market for a job.

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shipco Transport (Rockford, IL) in September 2011.

Interview

Received a phone call with the Branch Manager regarding the open position and set up an interview 2 days following. Arrived for the interview, completed an application and spoke and interviewed with the Branch Manager and then later that day with the Supervisor of the Accounting Department.
    2 days later received a phone call to come in for a 3rd interview and job offering.
    Offer was made and accepted. Started 2 weeks later; due to resignation I gave to my current employer at the time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy