Shipping Corporation of India Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

5th Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shipping Corporation of India (Mumbai (India)) in August 2009.

Interview

its was nothing as difficult , as it was done in college. and people were already senior from our college long time ago so . it was easy. it was group interview altogether asking for people feedback regarding the job. if they wanna stick to company in future or not it was just like that.

Interview Questions

• which type of ship u wanna sail :)   2 Answers

Administrative Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shipping Corporation of India (Chennai (India)) in January 2012.

Interview

good place to work. It was a simple interview process

Interview Questions

• good communication skill required.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes. It is a good option

TME Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Shipping Corporation of India (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Written test and interview. written test was on math, english, gk, and some technical.
    interview was some gk and some technical questions. it was easy. later on medical. system is very slow.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Shipping Corporation of India (Mumbai (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

Company had given an employment advertisement on its website, examinations were held in all the four metro cities in India, selected candidates were called in its head office in Mumbai for Group discussion and document verification. The selected candidates from the GD were then interviewed by the panel of 11 people.

Interview Questions

• Everything what was reported in resume. The questions were mainly based on whatever was mentioned in the resume including internship and work experience. The overall experience of the interview was really knowledgeable.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary was fixed and not negotiable as everything was mentioned in the employment advertisement.

Second Mate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Shipping Corporation of India (Mumbai (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

Details of last ship, knowledge of equipments, theoretical and practical knowledge of onboard procedure, survey status, types of ships, ecdis type specific, other course details, medical , familiarisation courses, briefing and details of next ship

Marine Engineer Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Shipping Corporation of India (Mumbai (India)) in September 2010.

Interview

ALL INDIA TEST, INTERVIEW, MEDICAL TEST..................... One year Training

Interview Questions

• What do you do if everyone on board Ship Abuse/ Scold you?   3 Answers

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shipping Corporation of India (Mumbai (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

selected through college and then interview on technical knowledge.The names were given through the central government university on merit basis and then interview was taken follwed by the documentation and medical.

Interview Questions

• what is the difference between 2 stroke and 4 stroke engine   1 Answer

SM2 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Shipping Corporation of India (Mumbai (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

Direct interview for selection in sci. See online website process and vacancies available for the position by candidate. Just simple as that. Rules mentioned in web page. Please check it.

Interview Questions

• Documents reviewed and questions will be as per exp   1 Answer

Trainee Marine Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Shipping Corporation of India (Mumbai (India)) in August 2011.

Interview

there is just one round of interview followed by medical examination which is also very thorough.interview is wholly technical generally from your favorite subjects like internal combustion engine,fluid mechanics e.t.c.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question were fro technical knowledge only ad they will change with every new person.   Answer Question

Trainee Marine Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Shipping Corporation of India (Kolkata (India)) in March 2014.

Interview

This was a campus interview. The question was more related to marine industry and they checked knowledge and confidence. The interviewer were had three people, two of them were asking technical question and one was asking general question.

Interview Questions

• How does a Purifier work? Basic principles?   Answer Question
    • Can we discharge sewage into sea? What are the regulation ? What does the regulation says if the ship is on anchorage beyond 12 nautical miles?   1 Answer
    • What is Incinerator? Working principles ?   Answer Question
    • What are different types of pumps? Have you heard about COPT?   Answer Question