Shire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewiston, ME

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Shire (Lewiston, ME).

Interview

First a phone screening. Then an in person with Regional director. maybe a second with RD if your experience is on the light side then an interview with the Zone Director. Standard questions like, tell me about a time you were faced with/had to/found yourself........

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were faced with an obstacle to your goal and what did you do   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was my first pharma job, I didn't even know I could negotiate

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgeland, MS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Shire (Ridgeland, MS).

Interview

Was recommended by previous employee. Interview went nice. I could tell that they may have had someone in mind for the position. Interviewed with two people. One was so new he wasn't on payroll. Very nice guy. The other was a bit more stern and serious but far from threatening. I enjoyed the interview but could just tell I wasn't the guy they were looking for.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shire (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and had phone interview with the manager of the department. Was brought in for in-person interview with the same manager, human resources, multiple members of the management team and finally the director of the group.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a challenging situation with a coworker and how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Associate Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shire (Lexington, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Frankly, like other pharma companies...not a whole lot of diversity in staffing. Gray hair not particularly welcome, either. Lots of HR smugness over their 'Brave' corporate culture. Sadly, so many laid off people in pharmaceuticals who want to get back to work, candidates not treated too well if you are upemployed.

Shire are focused on CNS and Rare Disease categories with little competition or pricing pressure...you know, the Alexion Pharmaceutical Strategy. A lot of emphasis on "right fit", "smart people" and "pathways" which suggests they hire the same happy, shiny European people that inundate US Pharmaceuticals.

Little of no mention of the hundreds of lives they disrupted by simply closing shop in Eastern PA to change their talent pool to the crowded, expensive 128 Corridor in Boston. No reimbursement of travel expenses.

Interview Questions

• Asked about influencing others with insights and "breakthrough" ideas. Political skills.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shire (Wayne, PA) in November 2011.

Interview

The HR person is very passionate selling the company. I was very excited to talk with hiring manager and leadership team. They did focus on your background and past experience. During the interview process, there are a lot of questions. As long as you prepare carefully and address them honestly, it should be fine.

Interview Questions

• What are your three weaknesses?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Devon, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shire (Devon, PA) in November 2011.

Interview

Interview with HR was very informative and casual, describing the position, benefits, payscale, etc. Interview with immediate supervisor, 2nd up, and international peer (via telecon) were mostly cookie-cutter questions. Interview went well, but I was told the position went to an existing employee.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest failing in your current/most recent employment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chesterbrook, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Shire (Chesterbrook, PA) in December 2011.

Interview

First a telephone interview from HR/ recruiter, followed by telephone interview with peers. After that, face to face interview with peers and then the hiring manager at the end. A long process made longer due to extensive travel schedules of the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• If you were a fruit, which would you be?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Hiring bonus, stock options, salary review after 6 months.

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shire.

Interview

applied online through Shire website. Was contacted by HR for a phone screen. Was brought onsite for face to face with hiring manager and a few others in the organization. After about 3 weeks, brought back for a second round. Whole process took about 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Straight forward questions about experience. Nothing too difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very strong offer, however, they were flexible with sign on bonus.

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shire.

Interview

It started with a phone interview with the hiring manager and then I went in to meet with them. Very positive, all-around nice atmosphere, could tell there was great team energy.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my prior experience and the teams I worked with.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shire (Lexington, MA) in January 2018.

Interview

Spoke to HR on the phone for ~ 30 minutes. They wanted me to come into the office later that week (Friday afternoon) for an on-site interview. I was able to accommodate their request & spoke with several folks in the department. They were nice, forthcoming, and friendly. Had the impression that people worked by themselves, little opportunity to collaborate with other team members.

Received an offer about 3 weeks later but there was absolutely no negotiations - take the offer or leave it. Would not cover the value of un-vested stock from former company. Stock options were offered as long-term incentives - spoke with several former colleagues who work there and the options have been under water for quite some time. Small signing bonus but not nearly enough to cover un-vested stock. Only three weeks vacation - again no negotiation (currently have 5 weeks). No provisions for receiving LTI's as stock grants rather than options.

Coincidentally, spoke with several former colleagues who work at Shire and two (of four) had just tendered their resignation.

I turned down the job in writing and never heard back from HR or the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Technical interview - background/experience/ability to manage vendors   1 Answer