Shire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shire Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shire in February 2017.

Interview

It was a telephonic interview. Started off with a walkthrough of resume. The Interviewer shared information about the company and the position. He explained in detail the challenges the company is facing and the role of intern to assist the group in accomplishing those challenges.

Interview Questions

• What inspired you to take this field?
      Walk me through your resume.
      A few questions regarding experience and projects.
      Answer Question

IT Rotational Program (ITDP) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bannockburn, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shire (Bannockburn, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I had sent an email out introducing myself. My email was returned about 2-3 weeks later with an invitation to participate in a phone interview. The interviewer, forgot to call me, and we scheduled the call. I then interviewed with a manager, which went well, and I moved on to the third phone call. The third phone call was with a manager that was on the leadership committee. I got from HR saying that they wanted to bring on site, which I was really excited for. After about a week I still had not received an email about when the dates for the on site interview were, and I followed up. I then received an automated message saying that I was rejected. I found it very unprofessional that the company would tell me they were going to fly me out to final rounds, and then reject me without doing so.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shire (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and had phone interview with the manager of the department. Was brought in for in-person interview with the same manager, human resources, multiple members of the management team and finally the director of the group.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a challenging situation with a coworker and how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Shire (Lexington, MA).

Interview

In-person interviews were ok, I got to meet other case managers doing the same job I applied for. It would have been nice if they'd told me any vacation time could only be taken if YOU find another case manager to cover your cases and shift while you're gone. After the interviews, things fell apart, even though I eventually got the job. The background check was excruciating and took about 3 weeks. Every time I sent info to them, they'd come back and want some other obscure thing. I finally hit a dead end with tax info they wanted from 15 years ago (a start-up of mine that made no money), so I contacted the hiring manager and said I'd had enough. I never did hear whether I'd actually cleared their background check, but I got a letter the week before I was supposed to start, telling me my boss's name and the location to report to. The department name was incorrect, the boss's name was incorrect, and the location wasn't where I was told I'd work. I wasn't even sure if they'd mistakenly contacted me instead of some other candidate. So it took 6 weeks total from first phone interview until I started work, but I only got confirmation I was hired a few days before I was supposed to start.

Have been working here for a year+. Love the people, but not the job -- way too many regulations that keep you from helping the people who need it. Benefits are great, but they're cutting back on them for 2017, and hinting around about making a "leaner" company... read into that what you like.

Interview Questions

Interview

Good panel for interview. Very interested in knowing processes. Involved coding test. Half an hour of phone call with the programming director. Total of two and a half hours of face to face interview with 4 people.

Biostat Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Shire (New York, NY).

Interview

The staffing company called me one day after my resume was transferred by a current employee. Ask questions on my experience, my progress on my PhD program, and when I can start to work.

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shire (Lexington, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

Process was mostly simple and easy, except for phone chat with one person which required intervention by manager since there was no instruction on how to use the speakerphone. I had to call the manager to come by the room and enter the right codes to get the HR person. The manager told me this is typical of interviews there.

Interview Questions

• Who is the best person to know in the organization?   1 Answer
    • How do I approach conflicts? If people do not agree how do I resolve the dispute?   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Shire (New York, NY).

Interview

There are 3 interviews for the position: 1:1, 1:2, 1:6. They are very thorough and efficient during the interview process. There also isn't a lot of "idle time" in between each interview. The whole process took about 20 days.

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shire.

Interview

Nobody were on time.
    Hiring manager told me that s/he needs to go to the restroom and left for 10 min (during a face-to-face interview). I cannot imagine how it's possible to work with such person. I felt that I wasted my time and did not even follow up this particular opening.
    Shire definitely needs to improve an interviewing process and provide some guidances to their employees to avoid a wrong perception about company culture.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shire (Bloomington, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online through a campus career website. I heard back in two weeks. We had an information session the night before the interview on my college campus. The interview was on my college campus as well. I heard back from them the same day of my interview. The second round interviews were the next day.