Shire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shire Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2017

2.8

PMO Coordinator Interview

Interview

The interview was over the phone with two Sr. Level personnel. It was very comfortable and informative. Like some interviews, I felt "put on the spot" if you will, but not with Shire.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience in the Project Management world.   Answer Question

Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shire (Boston, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone screen for Massachusetts position with a New Jersey Recruiter: began professional enough with a general conversation regarding my background and position ending with a number of the usual general questions. The position was very interesting - a majority of the role encompassed the work I enjoy most!

Interview Questions

• Recruiter seemed knowledgeable enough regarding the company vs. the position. Managed the call using all the standard responses and follow thru.
      The phone screen became uncomfortable when asked - what is your current salary and bonus structure?
      I was very disappointed when the recruiter became angry and in a scolding tone advised that in order to move forward in the interview process current salary and bonus structure must be provided.
      Didn't appreciate where they went in the conversation - wasn't interested in moving forward   1 Answer

Government Pricing Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shire (Exton, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

Met with 5 people back to back at the Exton, PA location for a total of 3 hours. 4 weeks and two follow-up emails and no response whatsoever from the internal Shire recruiter or any of the people that I met with. Very unprofessional. Leaving the interview, I was on the fence, but this has made me a solid "thanks, but no thanks" if and when I ever hear back from the company. They've recently moved into a building in Exton that used to be someone else's. It has low ceilings, almost no windows and row upon row of cubicles. It felt like a cave. It did make me appreciate my current employer and work environment more though, so I guess that's something positive.

Interview Questions

• Very standard interview questions. Describe a strength and weakness, Tell me about a time when... , etc. No curveballs.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shire.

Interview

It was an in depth interview, met with a few people to discuss the job,from start to finish the hiring process seemed to be smooth. They gave me a very complete description of the job, benefits, responsibilities, and requirements of day to day work.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know why I wanted to work at Shire   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shire (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Pre assessment test prior to the interview, the interview process is very laid out and easy to follow. It is good to know why you want to work there and to know what you are doing in a lab setting.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shire in April 2017.

Interview

More than asking more technical questions, they asked about how I implemented my skills in the project and work experience. They also asked about my proficiency in SAS and how can I help them in particular situations.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgeland, MS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Shire (Ridgeland, MS).

Interview

Was recommended by previous employee. Interview went nice. I could tell that they may have had someone in mind for the position. Interviewed with two people. One was so new he wasn't on payroll. Very nice guy. The other was a bit more stern and serious but far from threatening. I enjoyed the interview but could just tell I wasn't the guy they were looking for.

Patient Support Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shire (Lexington, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screen with HR (20 minutes), a phone interview with the hiring manager (25 minutes), which was my second call after an initial interest call about moving into the industry, and a half-day of interviews in round robin format with the team. The hiring manager had warned me that the team had senior members that did not "want" to be managed. It was clear from my final round of interviews who the reluctant members were. All in all, I had a very positive experience with Shire and the team and was a finalist for the position, although another candidate was chosen. HR was extremely professional and keep in contact throughout the process. HR communicated feedback from the hiring manager as to why I was not the chosen candidate, which has helped as I moved forward in my job search.

Interview Questions

• The behavioral-based interviewing method was the order of the day. Be prepared!   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shire in February 2017.

Interview

It was a telephonic interview. Started off with a walkthrough of resume. The Interviewer shared information about the company and the position. He explained in detail the challenges the company is facing and the role of intern to assist the group in accomplishing those challenges.

Interview Questions

• What inspired you to take this field?
      Walk me through your resume.
      A few questions regarding experience and projects.   Answer Question

IT Rotational Program (ITDP) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bannockburn, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shire (Bannockburn, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I had sent an email out introducing myself. My email was returned about 2-3 weeks later with an invitation to participate in a phone interview. The interviewer, forgot to call me, and we scheduled the call. I then interviewed with a manager, which went well, and I moved on to the third phone call. The third phone call was with a manager that was on the leadership committee. I got from HR saying that they wanted to bring on site, which I was really excited for. After about a week I still had not received an email about when the dates for the on site interview were, and I followed up. I then received an automated message saying that I was rejected. I found it very unprofessional that the company would tell me they were going to fly me out to final rounds, and then reject me without doing so.