Shire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shire Interview Questions

Updated Nov 2, 2017

2.8

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shire.

Interview

2 hour rounds with folks who dont have a clue about IT!, They hire even though the position might not remain in the next 6 months! management is extremely short -term focused. Dont work here!

Research Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shire.

Interview

very positive experience. interview was comprehensive. I was most impressed by the professionalism at the onset. Folks were attentive and their questions were thoughtful and relative to the position.

Specialty Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shire (Tampa, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone screen , 2nd phone screen, face to face, and then a 2nd face to face. The 2nd phone screen and 2 live interview were with the same person. They did drag their heals letting you know if you'd go to the next step. Would say we'll let you know by Tuesday and then not let you know anything until say Friday

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Shire? That question was asked in all 4 interviews. After the original phone screen they wanted you to ask a lot of questions to prove you've researched the company and product.   Answer Question

Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shire (Boston, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone screen for Massachusetts position with a New Jersey Recruiter: began professional enough with a general conversation regarding my background and position ending with a number of the usual general questions. The position was very interesting - a majority of the role encompassed the work I enjoy most!

Interview Questions

• Recruiter seemed knowledgeable enough regarding the company vs. the position. Managed the call using all the standard responses and follow thru.
      The phone screen became uncomfortable when asked - what is your current salary and bonus structure?
      I was very disappointed when the recruiter became angry and in a scolding tone advised that in order to move forward in the interview process current salary and bonus structure must be provided.
      Didn't appreciate where they went in the conversation - wasn't interested in moving forward   1 Answer

PMO Coordinator Interview

Interview

The interview was over the phone with two Sr. Level personnel. It was very comfortable and informative. Like some interviews, I felt "put on the spot" if you will, but not with Shire.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience in the Project Management world.   Answer Question

Government Pricing Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shire (Exton, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

Met with 5 people back to back at the Exton, PA location for a total of 3 hours. 4 weeks and two follow-up emails and no response whatsoever from the internal Shire recruiter or any of the people that I met with. Very unprofessional. Leaving the interview, I was on the fence, but this has made me a solid "thanks, but no thanks" if and when I ever hear back from the company. They've recently moved into a building in Exton that used to be someone else's. It has low ceilings, almost no windows and row upon row of cubicles. It felt like a cave. It did make me appreciate my current employer and work environment more though, so I guess that's something positive.

Interview Questions

• Very standard interview questions. Describe a strength and weakness, Tell me about a time when... , etc. No curveballs.   Answer Question

Quality Control Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Social Circle, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Shire (Social Circle, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

The whole process took about three months. They scheduled a test that was basic laboratory stuff. A month later they had group interviews. They asked basic lab questions. Never heard back from them.

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shire.

Interview

It was an in depth interview, met with a few people to discuss the job,from start to finish the hiring process seemed to be smooth. They gave me a very complete description of the job, benefits, responsibilities, and requirements of day to day work.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know why I wanted to work at Shire   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shire (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Pre assessment test prior to the interview, the interview process is very laid out and easy to follow. It is good to know why you want to work there and to know what you are doing in a lab setting.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shire in April 2017.

Interview

More than asking more technical questions, they asked about how I implemented my skills in the project and work experience. They also asked about my proficiency in SAS and how can I help them in particular situations.