Shiseido Cosmetics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shiseido Cosmetics Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2017

2.3

Events and Training Coordinator Interview

Interview

I first met with a few people on the team and then HR. It felt very rushed and the HR person who I spoke with did not seem interested in interviewing me and was late meeting with me. She also said she would follow up with me after and never did and it has been over 4 weeks. I expected more professionalism and respect from Shiseido and am very disappointed that they did not have the decent courtesy to send me an update after I gave my time by coming in to interview.

Supply Chain Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rutherford, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shiseido Cosmetics (Rutherford, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

interview with 5 individuals, 30 minutes each. one interview with the HR talent manager and 4 with the supply chain team. no one in human resources every reached out telling me i did not get the job. Left an extremely bad taste in my mouth regarding the company.

Legal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Shiseido Cosmetics (Newark, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

I got the job though a recruiter. The recruiter prepped and provided confidence before meeting the manager. I feel that the interview went quite swift. It's like you make it or don't. I wasn't their first choice due to some lacking skills but they were able to work out some training for me. I really like my time at Shiseido.

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Shiseido Cosmetics (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Beautiful office foyer - good first impression. I was interviewed by the talent acquisition manager - and he ran 20 minutes late to the interview with no apology. Looked sloppy - very poorly presented, I expected more from a beauty brand. Didn't ask me any questions, only to explain my resume which seemed silly. He asked me if I had questions, which of course I did, but he couldn't answer half of them - either he was not prepared to answer, or didn't know the answer, not sure. I walked out NOT wanting a call back.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Shiseido Cosmetics (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I was greeted by the Hiring manager and told that this role requires thick skin. She informed me the demands and requirements of the floor. The Assistant has to be dressed in all black at all times.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle doing more than one task at once?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Shiseido Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shiseido Cosmetics (Peoria, IL).

Interview

I talked with cosmetic manager and was hired the same day. I told the cosmetic manager that I had worked with another cosmetic company for 13 years. I told her I was able to do cold calling in order to bring former customers back to the store. I also shared that I was able to market counter so it would be attractive and inviting. Since I was use to doing facials, I added that I could do that at the counter so customer would be able to experience the product and therefore try before they buy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate since it was my first job of getting back into the workplace.

Executive Interview

Interview

i interview with supervisor then with president . long wait time for HR to return back after job offer . Paperwork takes forever -HR not organized - VP of Sales at BPI division is in way over her head!

Negotiation

yes i was able to negotiate

Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shiseido Cosmetics (Atlanta, GA) in July 2012.

Interview

Got email reply to call for phone interview. Had phone interview and scheduled a face-to-face interview for next week. After first interview, waited a few days and got a call for a second interview. During second interview, scheduled an appointment to see how the facial process is and interviewed with a third person.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rutherford, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Shiseido Cosmetics (Rutherford, NJ) in February 2010.

Interview

You only get hired if someone knows you.

Interview Questions

• Its hard to accept that they tell you at the interview that there is no chance of advancement   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shiseido Cosmetics (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

There were two interviews with the would-be line manager and director. First interview was relaxed, fairly straightforward and a chance to talk about my experience, skills etc. and I clicked with the interviewers immediately. Second interview entailed a test in Microsoft Excel/PowerPoint/Word and a presentation where I'd propose a digital/social media strategy for product launches. I did not get the job, simply because the other candidate had provided more 'in-depth' answers which I think is very unfair considering I only had one day to complete four tasks. Sadly Shiseido is one of the many companies expecting internship candidates to do the most for a minimal salary.

Interview Questions

• What challenges do you think the beauty industry is currently facing?   Answer Question