Shop Direct Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shop Direct Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2017

2.4

Warehouse Picker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oldham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shop Direct (Oldham, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview involves a basic competency tests which tests whether or not you can read the signposts and numbers and read things off the wall it is very east i got 100%. Then they sit you down and ask you some basic questions about yourself and then they phone you later that day and tell you whether or not you got the job.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Shop Direct (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Video to submit which answers the questions on the screen

Online Test on java based questionz and one coding test

Face to face interview for one to one and half hour

Buying Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shop Direct (Liverpool, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Assessment day- Consisted of a few of the current colleagues giving talks about various roles within the company, followed by talks about the company background, history, ethos, values etc

This is then followed by a group task, which consisted of a scenario or question that is then discussed and everyone gets involved and then findings are discussed and put together and presented back to everyone, which isn't as daunting as it sounds.

This is then followed by tours of the office buildings and the spaces, between one on one interviews with staff from the selected role you have applied for, you should by this stage know who will be interviewing you, as everyone is in the cube with you throughout the day and there is ample time to go around and network and ask plenty of questions.

Interview Questions

• What unique attributes would you bring to Shop Direct?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Wasn't one

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shop Direct (Bolton, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I was invited to complete a presentation and do a CBI. Disappointingly I never received feedback after putting all the effort and preparation in for a senior manager interview, After 3 weeks I chased carious members of the recruitment team. In the end I was casually told by the receptionist at the site the position had been filled. I raised my concerns to the head of talent and the site manager - to receive no apology.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have adapted your communication style to suit..   1 Answer

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Shop Direct.

Interview

We walked around for 10 minutes as the supervisor got lost in the new building. When we got into the interview room we had to ask another employee to leave the room. The supervisor asked a few questions however he kept talking too much for me to ask any following questions. He even kept interrupting the other staff member when he tried to ask me questions. I thought the interview went ok but awkward moments walking around getting lost. In the end they didn't want me as they thought my interest in web development wasn't genuine enough.

Process Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oldham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Shop Direct (Oldham, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

One to 1,very relaxed and informal. We were asked to prepare a presentation and present it on the day, to analyse a warehouse process and map it as realistically as possible, we then walked the interviewer through the entire process map.

Order Picker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oldham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shop Direct (Oldham, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Test to see if you can correctly order pick within a set time limit. A quick English and Maths test. Asked about previous experience and explained what the job entailed. References checks to be made from previous employers.

Interview Questions

• What previous experience do you have.   1 Answer

Fraud Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Speke, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shop Direct (Speke, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed in a glass room with people outside which made me uncomfortable. Interview was heavily based around competency, and what you could bring to the role. Chat about current job role experience and skills that would suit the job. Interviewers seemed friendly enough.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you have analysed data?   1 Answer

Operative Picker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shaw, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shop Direct (Shaw, North West England, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

Firstly you enter the building to do a simple logistical test which will determine whether you are better at picking or packing. Based the the results and the companies preference they will assign you to one of these roles. The interview is very simple and straight forward as the job is pretty much open to anyone. The staff are very friendly and you can prety much guarantee you will be short listed if you attend the interview.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Speke, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shop Direct (Speke, England (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

Detailed and challenging interview. The interviewer had clearly done their research and came very prepared with where they wanted to take the interview. Questions were probing and took me out of my comfort zone on a couple of occasions. There was a good balance to the interview as well - it gave me the chance to really understand what I needed to know about the role, the team, the business etc.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Shop Direct and the journey we're on?   Answer Question