Shop 'n Save Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 25, 2017

1.3

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Interview

Called in for an interview about 3 days after I put in my application and was pretty much given the job on the spot and asked to come back for drug testing and paperwork.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Shop 'n Save

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shop 'n Save (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

Put I'm my app in the morning called me in the afternoon gave me the interview the next day got hired on the spot very east helped me out a lot told me exactly what I was gone do hours I was gone work and everything.clothes I had to wear and was straight up with me about everything

Interview Questions

• What kind of shows do you like to watch
      Do you know anybody that works for Shop 'n Save   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Heidelberg, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shop 'n Save (Heidelberg, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

They pretty much just made sure I would show up everyday. Asked me about some of my hobbies and what I liked to do in my free time. If you get an interview, the job is pretty much yours. They have high turnover too, so they're pretty much always hiring.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your hobbies?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Alton, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Shop 'n Save (Alton, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Easy was a one on one interview, I was hired on spot. Be aware they give swap drug test the same day, at least they did for me. The managers are very friendly and I felt welcome.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Shop 'n Save in June 2014.

Interview

I got a call from the manager a couple of days after I applied online. I applied for stocking groceries but the job was for cashier position. During the interview I was asked the "tell me about yourself", next i was asked about previous employment, and since this was in the summer I was asked how long would I be working before i go back to school. next he explained the position and the working hours. After that he wanted to know if I had any questions. He let me know they were interviewing other people and he would call if they decided to choose me.

Interview Questions

• there was no difficult questions, the environment was relaxing and the interview was on 20 minutes tops.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Shop 'n Save (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I put in an online application, got a phone call the next day setting up an interview. Interview was two days after call. Very easy interview. Was hired in the interview.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions. All "tell me about yourself".   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shop 'n Save (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2012.

Interview

Was very easy, basically just filling out paper work with one of the upper level store managers. Applied and was contacted a few days later. Shop n' Save is sometimes desperate for employees and they make their interview process very simple in order to hire more people.

Negotiation

Non-existant

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shop 'n Save (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview went very well. It was simple and straight forward. Not too many questions, but the interviewer did focus on the ability for me to interact with customers. They just check various aspects and require that you are quick and accurate when it comes to tracking the flow of money.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shop 'n Save in June 2009.

Interview

I went to the store manager directly to apply, he said he liked me, so he gave me a form to fill out. Then he told me to tell a lady to place it on his desk. A couple of days later, a lady calls me to ask if I can work there and she's interviewing me a little one the phone. Then she asks my schedule and said that wouldnt work with them and then told me good-bye.