ShopAtHome.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ShopAtHome.com Interview Questions

2.5

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ShopAtHome.com (Denver, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. About 30 minutes. All good, relevant questions were asked and the conversation was pleasant. The recruiter that helped schedule the interview was very nice. The most positive beneficial thing that happened was the company emailed me back within two days to inform me that I was not selected to proceed further. They recognized the time and effort candidates put into the application process, and thanked me for applying. That means a LOT! It saves me a ton of time following up when there is no point, and it makes me feel respected to at least have the employer acknowledge the effort I've put in. Most employers never follow up, you never hear a word, and you're just left hanging. I wish more employers would follow up like ShopAtHome. That just makes me respect the company that much more.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle managing multiple scrum teams and projects simultaneously.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at ShopAtHome.com (Denver, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by their HR Recruiter after receiving my resume and scheduled me for a phone interview with the Director of the position i applied for. Friday phone interview with Director was positive. She sounded like she knew what she was looking for and asked me a lot of relevant questions, easy flowing conversation, easy to talk to. 30 minutes went by fast and she said she would be in touch Monday to schedule an in person interview. Didn't hear back until Wednesday, scheduled an interview for Friday.

I came in for the interview, it turned out to be a 3 phase interview with multiple people. The first 2 phases were positive and informative with upper management. 3rd phase was with 3 very early 20s women which was extremely obvious they had never interviewed a person in their life. They all just sat there saying "umm" and staring at my resume and had lots of nervous giggling. I tried to lighten the mood by explaining a bit about my past experience and asking them questions about their roles and the structure of their departments and how they all work together. My questions were half answered but they didn't seem to know their own companies structure and organization. The only question they asked me was "what is my theme song?" ehhh what?? I gave them an answer but that questions is hardly relevant since no other questions were asked. Why are unexperienced people like this conducting interviews? They should be sitting in and observing the other phases of the interview to get an idea of how interviews work. At the end I was met again by the Director and she said she would call me to schedule another interview the next week that is just 1 on 1 to get to know me better. I left feeling mixed about this interview as the first part seemed positive and the end seemed like their employees have no idea what they are doing or what their roles even are.

I followed up early the following week with the HR recruiter and Director but never received a response back from either. I can't say I am upset, I am extremely organized and structured and create streamlined workflow and focus on efficiency in my department so this disorganized unstructured 'we don't know what our roles are' mentality was a huge red flag to me. Through my networking I have also heard a few things about this company and their potential to stay in business in the near future. I am a huge online shopper that uses coupons for everything and I have never even heard of this company, which is another red flag. They need to seriously overhaul what they are "selling" to stay competitive with other sites that are dominating their industry.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at ShopAtHome.com (Denver, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

There was a technical phone screen that lasted half an hour. Then there was an in-person interview that lasted an hour. This was also technical after the usual "what have you been doing" session. Then there was a brief meeting with HR where I was able to ask questions. I found the people very friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Write a javascript function to determine if a string met certain criteria.   1 Answer

Sep 28, 2015 – Human Resources Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback! I am happy to hear that you found our team members friendly and easy to talk to. If there is one thing we don't do, it's hard-nosed panel interviews that make you dread ... More

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ShopAtHome.com (Greenwood Village, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and heard back from ShopAtHome within a few days. I had about a fifteen minute phone interview with the marketing team. At the end of the call, I was told they probably wouldn't be in contact with me for a few weeks, but I ended up getting an email invitation for an onsite interview the very next day. For the onsite interview, I did a quick assessment, talked with someone from HR, and then interviewed with the marketing team. The man from HR that I spoke with was very friendly and professional. I wish I could say the same for the marketing team. Also, it's probably a bad sign for a company if their snacks are one of their highest selling points.

Interview Questions

ShopAtHome.com Response

Oct 17, 2015 – Human Resources Coordinator

First, thank you for your feedback! I am happy to hear that the logistics of our interview process was to your liking. Your feedback regarding the onsite interview will be strongly considered in our ... More

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ShopAtHome.com (Denver, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

I have applied online through their website after seeing their posting in craigslist. It took 2 weeks for them to get back to me. Then they have scheduled a telephonic interview which went well. Then they have called me for face to face interview. The entire process took place about several weeks.

Interview Questions

• Explain about test plan?
      How well a defect can be reported?
      What are the attributes of a test case?
      How do you analyze log files, Java script errors?
      How do you test on multiple browsers?
      Resolve a SQL query on the fly?
      Asked to show your expertise in web testing?
      Questions related to previous projects that you have worked on?
      Provide details about scrum process?
      Answer Question

Aug 14, 2015 – Human Resources Coordinator

We continuously strive to make our interview process a top-notch experience for all of our candidates. To that end, we tremendously value your feedback!

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ShopAtHome.com in December 2011.

Interview

They present the job as you are a full time entry level employee. Later you find out you are actually an intern. Interview is usually with two employees and lasts at most 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate? Bahahaha

Aug 20, 2015 – Human Resources Coordinator

First, thank you for your feedback! For some time, ShopAtHome.com did have an internship program. This program was disbanded a few years back. We strive to make our recruiting and interviewing ... More