Shopko Stores Executive Merchandise Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shopko Stores Executive Merchandise Trainee Interview Questions

2.5

Executive Merchandise Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shopko Stores (Green Bay, WI) in April 2016.

Interview

I first had a phone interview, then about a month later they called me in for an in person interview for their "Interview Day." Basically it was me and two other people. We had a tour of the store then interviewed three people. Lunch was provided. After the interviews we got to talk to current EMTs.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were in on a team and things were not going as planned. How did you lead the group to success?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Shopko Stores

Executive Merchandise Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shopko Stores in March 2012.

Interview

My interview process began with campus recruiting at a job fair. I met with one of the Human Resource Managers who told me to apply online. Less than a week after applying online I had a phone interview with a corporate recruiter that lasted approximately one hour. Questions were a blend of behavioral and "about you" questions. He was very friendly, enthusiastic, and asked great follow up questions.
    After the phone interview I had to wait a couple days before I knew the results of our interview. I successfully made it to a group interview. There were 11 other candidates from various universities, mostly business, retail, and apparel/design majors. We had a one hour intro session, in which we heard from 3 different corporate executives (one was a vice president). It was a calm and relaxed environment and each of the individuals taking charge of the intro session was equally as friendly as the corporate recruiter.
    Next candidates moved into 3 rounds of 1:1 interviews, each lasting approximately 40 minutes. The interview questions were somewhat repetitive and took up about 25-30 minutes of the allotted time. Definitely come prepared with questions - and specific ones at that.
    After the round of 1:1 interviews, we had a store tour given by two different employees. They essentially pointed out different aspects of branding, product placement and space planning, and things of that nature.

I received an email about my status (did not receive an offer) less than 48 hours after this process. I called the corporate recruiter for feedback and left him a voicemail message, which was never returned.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe: Shopko, Target, Walmart? (In terms of personality)   Answer Question
    • Where do you shop most often and why?   Answer Question