Shopko Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 9, 2018

2.2

Advertising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shopko Stores (Green Bay, WI) in March 2011.

Interview

I was recruited by HR and had several phone interviews before my information could be passed on to the hiring managers. I had interviews with six individuals, was told that everything was looking extremely good and that they were very excited that I was still interested in the position, although it could be a couple weeks until all other interviews were done.
    Cue crickets...
    A month later I sent a chatty email to the HR person asking for an update.
    Cue crickets...
    Two weeks later I got a curt reply that I had been told it would take a while.
    Cue crickets...
    Two months later position was reposted - I sent an upbeat email that I was still interested.
    Cue crickets...

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

I went through 3 interviews, the last of which lasted 3 hours. There were long lulls in between communications, but company was going through an acquisition at the time. About 4 months total between first interview and first day on the job.

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shopko Stores (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2008.

Interview

Interview lasted about one half hour. It was more about asking me to take the job then interviewing me.

Anonymous Employee in Grand Island, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shopko Stores (Grand Island, NE) in July 2016.

Interview

It was good, they make the interview atmosphere very comfortable so you aren't nervous. The interviewer is very friendly. You don't feel rushed. They ask questions that are easy to answer.

Interview Questions

• What is one way you have helped a person before?   1 Answer

Apparel Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shopko Stores.

Interview

Very easy, asked basic interview questions and questions about yourself, experiences, how you'd deal with things, etc. Since it was my first job they mainly focused about experiences during school instead of previous employment

Interview Questions

• What's an example of bad costumer service you've experienced?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shopko Stores (Sioux Falls, SD).

Interview

Really easy interview process. Just apply online and they ask you simple personality/situational questions. During the one on one interview they pretty much ask you about your experience and stuff like that.

Apparel Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sturgis, SD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shopko Stores (Sturgis, SD) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview barely existed. At my original location (Rapid City, SD), they saw my experience as a sale representative and hired me immediately. However, I did transfer to Sturgis, SD and this is where the process REALLY went down hill. First, they couldn't find my transfer paperwork (4 weeks of searching and waiting), then they had to have me act as if I was a new hire and fill out a new hire packet (1 hour), then they ran a background check (1 week), then they found me in the system(3 weeks), then they barely asked any questions and hired me.

Interview Questions

• What position were you looking for?   1 Answer
    • How often would you like to work?   1 Answer
    • What do you do outside of work?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shopko Stores in June 2017.

Interview

The entire interview took about 15 minutes. First they asked me to tell them about myself and then continued to ask me questions about my previous work experience, customer service, and what I would do in certain situations.

Apparel Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Shopko Stores (Rochester, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

It was relaxed interview. The manager saw that I had experience and was willing to give me chance. I was introduced to the manager I would be working under at the same time and we talked at little about my experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shopko Stores in November 2013.

Interview

Applied during seasonal hiring and got an interview the day after I applied. I loved my job during seasonal time so I hope that it happens again this year.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate at all because it was my first job.