Shopko Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 13, 2018

2.3

General Interview

Anonymous Employee in Billings, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shopko Stores (Billings, MT) in February 2018.

Interview

Easy laid back. Basic questions about yourself. Why you chose to apply and what are your expectations of them. Be honest and do your best don't be demanding and smile

Interview Questions

• What was your customer service background   1 Answer

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greybull, WY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shopko Stores (Greybull, WY) in November 2017.

Interview

I was called and an appointment was made. I went in, interviewed and was hired in less than an hour. I originally applied online in response to an announcement on the store loudspeaker.

Interview Questions

• I owned a retail store for 20 years. He asked how my former customers would rate my customer service if asked.   1 Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pullman, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shopko Stores (Pullman, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very easy-going and the manager was very easy to talk to. He asked relevant questions to the job and about myself and provided information about what he expected from me and what I should expect from working at Shopko.

Interview Questions

• What are some examples of bad customer service that you have experienced?   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grafton, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shopko Stores (Grafton, WI) in October 2017.

Interview

Very basic interview questions. They check your background history. Honestly I think they hire anyone without a criminal record. He hired me not even 10 minutes into the interview. Manager who interview me was nice.

Freight Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Island, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shopko Stores (Grand Island, NE) in September 2017.

Interview

I was first called the next day after applying and was asked to come in for an interview, i was asked to go to the Service desk at the store and ask for a manger and tell them its for an interview. After meeting with the manager and going to their offices, we then went over availability times and other things that were needed for job safety, such as any illnesses or anything that would impair your work. after the interview you are asked to come in for another interview with a different manager, who will tell you if you got the job or not, and they will tell you when orientation is.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions just to get to know you as a person, most of the questions didn't even have to do with work. A few questions they asked me related to my personal life such as "Best moment in your life" or "Worst moment in your life" some questions related to the job (Of course) and they were questions such as "Can you lift more then 50 pounds?" because i was applying for freight.   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Shopko Stores in September 2017.

Interview

Manager was very professional but also welcoming and friendly. Seemed like he was very busy at the time I showed up for open interviews but responded promptly to my arrival and took his time introducing me to a day in the life of a Shopko employee. Asked several prompted questions, as well as questions of his own about my availability and prospective future with Shopko. Truly felt like a member of the team from the moment the interview started!

Interview Questions

• What's a situation where you had to deal with a difficult guest and how did you handle this?   Answer Question

Apparel Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Missoula, MT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shopko Stores (Missoula, MT) in August 2017.

Interview

Went extremely well. Hired on the spot. They asked me very little, mainly how available I was. They also were very sympathetic towards my case. Agreed to give me the hours I requested.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arcadia, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Shopko Stores (Arcadia, WI).

Interview

Got a call back almost 3 weeks after I filled out an online app. Had my interview which was super easy. I was offered employment at the end of my interview depending on if my background check cleared.

Interview Questions

• What was the best customer service experience you've had?   Answer Question
    • what was the worst customer service experience you've had?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult coworker or customer.   Answer Question

Asset Protection Team Lead Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Shopko Stores.

Interview

I got there early so I had to wait about 10 minutes. She came and took me to the back room for the interview. There was 2 other ladies that were training.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sioux City, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shopko Stores (Sioux City, IA) in July 2017.

Interview

They called the day after submitting an application. Sat down one on one and was asked a few questions. None of the questions were hard just general questions about me.