Shopko Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 2, 2018

2.3

Advertising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shopko Stores (Green Bay, WI) in March 2011.

Interview

I was recruited by HR and had several phone interviews before my information could be passed on to the hiring managers. I had interviews with six individuals, was told that everything was looking extremely good and that they were very excited that I was still interested in the position, although it could be a couple weeks until all other interviews were done.
    Cue crickets...
    A month later I sent a chatty email to the HR person asking for an update.
    Cue crickets...
    Two weeks later I got a curt reply that I had been told it would take a while.
    Cue crickets...
    Two months later position was reposted - I sent an upbeat email that I was still interested.
    Cue crickets...

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years.   1 Answer

Optician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Shopko Stores in August 2011.

Interview

Submitted a resume online and completed online assessment. Received a phone call and interview request the next day. At the interview, the Optical Manager stepped out and came back with another manager and asked to do the follow up interview right then. I was contacted within 2 days after the interviews, and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very general. "Tell me about yourself", "Worst customer service experience you've had", "Best customer service experience".   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

I went through 3 interviews, the last of which lasted 3 hours. There were long lulls in between communications, but company was going through an acquisition at the time. About 4 months total between first interview and first day on the job.

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shopko Stores (Appleton, WI) in August 2010.

Interview

Just a basic process- If you can show that you are more than capable and willing to work you more than likely have a job.
    I also use to do some hiring-again if you have a good application, no spotty jobs, can hold a job you're good to go.
    Shopko is very easy going, they make it a very welcome environment in the interview process. There is no worry to be had at Shopko

Interview Questions

• A time when you have shown great customer service-not unexpected but it really makes you think.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was hired as a part time cashier-very easy to work your way up as well. It's a great company to work for.

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shopko Stores (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2008.

Interview

Interview lasted about one half hour. It was more about asking me to take the job then interviewing me.

Apparel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shopko Stores (Sioux Falls, SD).

Interview

Really easy interview process. Just apply online and they ask you simple personality/situational questions. During the one on one interview they pretty much ask you about your experience and stuff like that.

Apparel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Island, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shopko Stores (Grand Island, NE) in July 2016.

Interview

It was good, they make the interview atmosphere very comfortable so you aren't nervous. The interviewer is very friendly. You don't feel rushed. They ask questions that are easy to answer.

Interview Questions

• What is one way you have helped a person before?   1 Answer

Apparel Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shopko Stores (Idaho Falls, ID) in March 2016.

Interview

Really kind and friendly management. Didn't want to waste my time. I got 2 interviews and was hired in less than 40 minutes. After I submitted my application, it was literally 2 days later when they had me in for a interview. I felt like they already knew they wanted me as a employee.

Interview Questions

• Hobbies? Experience? Had me describe good and bad customer service I had ever received?   1 Answer

Apparel Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Shopko Stores in November 2011.

Interview

Got interviewed by the apparel manager during the first interview and then was asked to come for the second interview. Second interview i met the store manager and was scheduling for orientation.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shopko Stores in November 2013.

Interview

Applied during seasonal hiring and got an interview the day after I applied. I loved my job during seasonal time so I hope that it happens again this year.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate at all because it was my first job.