Shoppers Drug Mart Beauty Expert Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shoppers Drug Mart Beauty Expert Interview Questions

2.3

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Beauty Expert Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in September 2016.

Interview

I had originally applied on-line and didn't get any immediate response so I followed up by giving my resume in person. Within a week I got a call for an interview. It's was quite painless and personable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Go in confident and positive! Know your worth.

Other Interview Reviews for Shoppers Drug Mart

Beauty Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

sat down with the manager and owner; owner was a bit stuck up despite me having years experience; he seemed very stuck up and runned a tight ship felt like i was being scrutinzed, the manager was really great really sweet and brought down the tension a little bit

Interview Questions

• why do i want to work here, what makes me a good worker, how i handle stress, bad customers etc   Answer Question

Beauty Expert Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview

I applied to over 100 positions online, and handed in one resume in to the store and was hired within a month. APPLY IN-STORE. I was contacted by phone where I scheduled the interview with my Boutique Manager, she had me come to the store and we had a very average interview where I filled out a small amount of forms, I then met some of the other employees at the store and was told that we may be in contact again soon. A week or so after the interview I came to the store and completed my hiring booklet, and I started a few days after that!

Interview Questions

• What is your customer service experience?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable working With disabled, ill, or elderly clients?   Answer Question
    • Are you able to preform makeup and skincare consultations on clients? What is your experience in makeup?   Answer Question
    • Are you able to apply false eyelashes on a client?   Answer Question
    • What is one thing you overcame in the workplace and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Beauty Expert Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview

I applied online and got called in for an interview a few days later. I went to the store and had an interview with the Beauty Boutique Manager. I was called back the next day and got the job. I had to go back to fill out paper work.

Interview Questions

• She asked me basic questions about E-clientelling and situational questions. "What would you do if a coworker breaking a rule ect.." "How would you deal with a difficult situation such as..." Also asked questions like "What was something you took from your college experience". It's super straight forward.   Answer Question

Beauty Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2012.

Interview

Didn't really go through an interview. They Just asked me if I had experience working with cosmetics and comfortable applying makeup applications on people.

Beauty Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in November 2009.

Interview

I had my interview with the Beauty Boutique Manager. The interview process was standard with some tough questions that every employer asks. There werent too many beauty specific questions - more customer service questions. They asked what would I do in certain situations. How would I rate myself? Why you should get the job? etc

Interview Questions

• What would I do to increase sales?   1 Answer
    • Give me an example of excellent customer service you've received.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Having no experience in cosmetic retail and limited experience in customer service, I didn't have much to negotiate with.

Beauty Expert Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in February 2009.

Interview

I walked in with confidence and introduced myself. I have a background in skincare and makeup so was not intimidated and feel very comfortable meeting new people. The manager asked why I wanted to work there and what I can bring to the company. I never once hesitated in my answers and the interview turned into a very nice casual conversation. She asked what I would do if I was put into a tough situation and I just used common sense. There were other regular questions about work flexibility, cleaning duties, cash questions and wage.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated and started at $11 plus commission. Now 3 years later I'm at $16 plus commission. Although I did transfer to another location. Just show them you would be an asset to their company, don't hesitate and never give them anything negative about yourself. Show confidence, be assertive, be professional and show passion for the work you are applying for. I was asked what my faults would be and it was " I always like to get everything done and want to help my customers and give them the best experience that I sometimes forget to take my breaks." Also there were times I had 3 regulars come in all at the same time to see me and I couldn't get to them fast enough, but were all willing and happy to wait. So turn a negative into a positive. Know what you are worth based on your experience and don't feel bad about asking for a little higher wage because every company will want to pay less and start very low.