Shoppers Drug Mart Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 18, 2017

2.2

245 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Interview

Interview

Standard - two stage interview process. First interview was primarily a "sizing up" for appropriate fit. Second stage had standard behavioural type questions. Describe a time when you had a conflict with a co-worker and how you resolved it.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to this position that differs from other applicants?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview

I walked in one day with my resume, handed it in to a cashier, heard nothing for about 1-2 weeks, walked back in and was told my resume was "lost" or not even heard of in the first place by another cashier. So I gave them a new one and was called within 3 days after that to come in, once I came in I shook the owners hand and was asked a few questions while standing for about 2 minutes and was hired on the spot by the locations owner who was very kind and polite.

Interview Questions

• How long do you want to stay here for?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at this location?   1 Answer
    • Have you worked at any other sales jobs?   1 Answer
    • Do you know the store well?   1 Answer

Cosmetician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview

I went in and had my interview with the cosmetics manager. She was extremely friendly and easy to talk to, which was really nerve calming. She didn't ask any formal questions, just went over my resume and asked about my experience in makeup work I'd done in the past. She was really interested and enthusiastic about my makeup work and pretty much said I'd fit perfectly in the position, but never called.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview

No serious interview. Many people just got accepted through connexions. The interviewew was just for fun. Do not take it serious, not even for real! Just for fun! Rubbish HR. Waste of time. No opportunity for advancement. No reason to work for such a company.

Interview Questions

• Any related experience? No.
      Looking for full-time or part-time? Either.
      Able to lift at least 25 lb? Yes.
      Willing to stand for a long period of time? Yes.
      When can you start? Immediately.   Answer Question

Rubbish HR. Rubbish head office. Rubbish management. Waste of time. No opportunity for advancement. No reason to work for such a company.

Cashier/Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the position of Merchandiser. 2 days later a manager called to ask for an interview. Interview was very informal. Manager was dressed very informally, therefore made me feel at ease. There were no real "interview-style" question. Just wanted to know my availability and background. Lasted about 15minutes. I was told at the end of the interview they would call me back in 2 days if I got the job or not.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a call in around 5 days for an interview. The interview was simple as expected. I got interviewed by the cash manager and was told that I would be called the next day for a second interview. I did not receive a call and found it very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Do you know about our optimum program?
      What would you do if you caught a customer stealing?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Milton, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Basic Questions about your personality and experience, care about how you will fit into the team most of all. Important to make yourself seem very likable, make as pleasant conversation with interviewer as you can. Basic Questions about your personality and experience, care about how you will fit into the team most of all. Important to make yourself seem very likable, make as pleasant conversation with interviewer as you can

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

It was really casual, basically walked in and had a conversation with manager. Pretty much confirmed everything on my resume and wanted me to elaborate on a few other things. They didn't ask any of the basic questions like strengths or weaknesses, just seemed like they actually wanted to get to know me. Everything went really smooth and the interview didn't last more than 15 minutes.

Pharmacy Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

I filled out the application form, then was given a cal within a week. I was called in for an in-person interview with the store owner and front shop manager.

Beauty Boutique Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowmanville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Bowmanville, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

1) The online systematic application on official website shares 1 cover letter for each position/location you applied to (which I find not so professionally practical, how do you address who it is for then?)

2)LONG wait to get a reply. Rejection received via automatic reply, but does NOT state which position you applied to get rejected (so if you applied online to more than 1 position...you won't know which one you got rejected)

3) Account/Profile made on Shoppers' official website states on submitted application that "if Delete button does NOT appear for the application, it means the job is no longer available". Applications I submitted, still have the Delete button on, meaning the job is still available. (Then from which position did I exactly get rejected from?!) Plus, the hiring ad for those positions are still posted on job sites and on official website. Basically got rejected without even an interview, when I'm a certified artist/stylist.