Shoppers Drug Mart Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 8, 2017

2.1

43 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Henrico, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Henrico, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

I got asked a few questions then offered the job. He really just explained to me the problem with his current employees to let me know what he doesnt want.

Interview Questions

• Why i feel like id be a good additive to their team?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Shoppers Drug Mart

Anonymous Employee in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Idaho Falls, ID).

Interview

Asked me questions like what my name was and if I was suitable for the position. Also asked about my qualifications and employment history. Asked me if I had any experience and when I'm available.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview

I applied online, and about a week later a manager called me to come in for an interview. I was interviewed in the store by two managers. It lasted about 15-20 minutes. The next day I was called being offered the job.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview

No serious interview. Many people just got accepted through connexions. The interviewew was just for fun. Do not take it serious, not even for real! Just for fun! Rubbish HR. Waste of time. No opportunity for advancement. No reason to work for such a company.

Interview Questions

• Any related experience? No.
      Looking for full-time or part-time? Either.
      Able to lift at least 25 lb? Yes.
      Willing to stand for a long period of time? Yes.
      When can you start? Immediately.   Answer Question

Rubbish HR. Rubbish head office. Rubbish management. Waste of time. No opportunity for advancement. No reason to work for such a company.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

It was really casual, basically walked in and had a conversation with manager. Pretty much confirmed everything on my resume and wanted me to elaborate on a few other things. They didn't ask any of the basic questions like strengths or weaknesses, just seemed like they actually wanted to get to know me. Everything went really smooth and the interview didn't last more than 15 minutes.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newmarket, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Newmarket, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and then I got an email 2 weeks later asking for an interview. The store manager interviewed me in his office at the store. It was a pretty chill and relaxing interview. He asked me a few questions, and told me what was required of me if I were to work there. The interview only took about ten minutes. He told me that he would contact me in about 2 weeks if I got the job or not ( since I was the first person he interviewed for the position). He emailed me 2 weeks later saying I got the job. I was very surprised he wanted to hire me, even when I told him about my rugby and volunteer schedules.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call a couple of days later asking me to come in for an interview. The manager was nice and made the interview seem more like a casual conversation. The interview took about 10 minutes. I got a call a few days later telling me I got accepted. Unfortunately, I had to decline the offer because the shift times didn't work with my schedule.

Interview Questions

Shift times didn't work for me.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I walked in to apply, asked for the manager and handed in my resume. After that, an interview was scheduled for sometime that week. After the interview, the manager told me she would do a background check, and within a week or so, I was called in for training (3 consecutive days.) and got the job.

Interview Questions

• What is a time that you displayed honesty?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied in store, I filled out a form and was never contacted. But to their credit, they didn't have a for hire sign. I waited for over 20 days and they did not contact me. But I did go in store and saw that they were in the process of training someone. That's when I knew I applied too late and the other person got the job. I have a friend who works at shoppers and says that she got training. She says that the hours are very long (8 hours) and it's hard to balance school and work. But it's good if you need to save up a lot of money for college/university.

Interview Questions

• What job experience do you have?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coquitlam, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Coquitlam, BC (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online wednesday evening and was going to hand in a physical copy the next day but I recieved a call thursday afternoon asking me if I would like to go in for an interview on Saturday.

The interview itself had a very friendly atmosphere and they asked basic questions ("tell me about yourself" etc.) but there were more questions than I had expected. They asked about my availability and if I had any vacations coming up and my availability coming September when school starts up again.

They told me that they were going to call my references and that if I get a call on Thursday it would mean I got the job or that they wanted another interview. I was pretty happy when I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you know about the optimum rewards program?   Answer Question
    • What is customer service to you/when was a time you had received or provided great customer service?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you and a coworker had a conflict and how you resolved the problem.   Answer Question