Shoppers Drug Mart Cosmetician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shoppers Drug Mart Cosmetician Interview Questions

Updated Oct 31, 2016

1.8

Cosmetician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Very casual process, it was in store where you just sit in the makeup chair, and you get asked a couple questions, just around 20 mins long, they will ask you questions if you know about the brands they carry, and they want to know if you are available to work for the holidays.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Shoppers Drug Mart

Cosmetician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Fast interview from time my application was submitted in person. Friendly, supportive management and staff. Great training. Long-ish, probing interview questions, including salary expectations, why do you want this job, description of sales targets, store culture, must be willing to wear and demonstrate make-up, and work to help control theft.

Interview Questions

• Interview was a "getting to know you": are you friendly, outgoing, polite, can you sell and handle a sometimes stressful sales environment? Do you have flexible availability?   1 Answer

Cosmetician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

I came after handing in a resume in person. Sat and talked with cosmetics manager for about 15 minutes. Incredibly easy going and overall not intimidating if you do you research on position and know your cosmetics!! Be calm, think out your answers. They want to know you'll be a successful seller!

Interview Questions

• You've been approached to help a group of girls pick out makeup for a girls night out. One of the girls has tried on a lipstick that all of her friends love, but it's clear neither of you think this is the right match. How do you help guide her in another direction?   1 Answer
    • How do you keep up to date with beauty trends?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

just submit the resume and couple of days later I got a call in for interview , I meet the front manager and talk around 15 minutes .then get the position ,and manger ask my available time for working. I told them I can work for almost 7 days a week , day shift, pretty much they are eager to hire people, so I got the position

Interview Questions

• why your want work for shopper drug mart?   1 Answer

Cosmetician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Kitchener, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

Met the cosmetic manager and walked through section. Went into the back consultation room and talked about how this shoppers works in comparison to the other locations I've worked at. Toured the stock room and later came back to sign papers.

Cosmetician Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview

Phone call prior to physical interview. Did not extend basic courtesies such as "Are you able to talk now?" or where she got my resume. Overlooked decades of prior experience, including SDM. More and more CM's are parodies of good business practice.

Interview Questions

• Along the lines of setting up a physical interview. Ebullient and assertive. Very few questions; did almost all of the talking. Volunteered that recent hires had been fired due to lack of performance. It is easy to understand why. Performance bar was the highest I had ever heard of, including those in ultra high end stores.   1 Answer

I declined taking it to the next level.

Cosmetician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

The cosmetic's manager went through the process of the interview with me before starting the interview. That helped me mentally prepare for the interview questions. The questions were simple; logic based questions on how to work with clients and customers in the store. I was offered the position right after the interview and was given the contract to view and sign. My three day training followed the day after.

Interview Questions

• Why should I give this position to you, amongst the many applicants who applied?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Quick chat. Not a formal interview. They do most of the talking about salary and duties. Very few questions really asked other than why do you want to work here, what is your availability.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay is less than expected. I said what I wanted and they came back $2.00 less with no wiggle room.

Cosmetician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview

Its a corporate company...so basically if you have a high school diploma, then you can get a job here.... it helps to have a knowledge of cosmetics and look the part. but some managers arent superficial...but just in case, look like a barbie, and be prepared to sell something random like a pen or a stapler. if you have a competant cosmetic manager, they will not ask you this.
    smile lots and sell sell sell sell sell. thats the focus. make sure you know what the store your applying at, what products they sell.

Interview Questions

• SELL ME THIS PEN.
      again, i have worked at 6 different shoppers cosmetic departments and been only asked this twice...and they werent the brightest people in the world. we ARE not put there to sell pens. DUMBEST question EVER.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by Store Mgr and Cosmetic Mgr. Asked basic questions such as strengths and weaknesses. Also previous job experience. Overall it was a basic interview and I was hired on the spot. I really enjoyed working in cosmetics and getting commission on everything you sell is a bonus.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went out of your way to give good customer service.   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you have customer service experience you should get paid more than minimum wage.