Shoppers Drug Mart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 28, 2017

2.8

45 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in February 2017.

Interview

Very unprofessional asked discriminating questions and poor distric managers that shpuld of retired long ago do not waste your time going there people working there were fighting in the lobby the first interview the second interview i eas locked out

Interview Questions

• How long do you want to work so unprofessional and disorganized   1 Answer

Postal Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

Really stressing and awkward, the lady dressed really casually and constantly searches for her questions, and she shutters quite a lot. She didn't even look at me in the eye when she talks.Overall, unprofessional and bad interview.

Cosmetician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview

I went in and had my interview with the cosmetics manager. She was extremely friendly and easy to talk to, which was really nerve calming. She didn't ask any formal questions, just went over my resume and asked about my experience in makeup work I'd done in the past. She was really interested and enthusiastic about my makeup work and pretty much said I'd fit perfectly in the position, but never called.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a call in around 5 days for an interview. The interview was simple as expected. I got interviewed by the cash manager and was told that I would be called the next day for a second interview. I did not receive a call and found it very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Do you know about our optimum program?
      What would you do if you caught a customer stealing?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

It was really casual, basically walked in and had a conversation with manager. Pretty much confirmed everything on my resume and wanted me to elaborate on a few other things. They didn't ask any of the basic questions like strengths or weaknesses, just seemed like they actually wanted to get to know me. Everything went really smooth and the interview didn't last more than 15 minutes.

Beauty Boutique Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowmanville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Bowmanville, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

1) The online systematic application on official website shares 1 cover letter for each position/location you applied to (which I find not so professionally practical, how do you address who it is for then?)

2)LONG wait to get a reply. Rejection received via automatic reply, but does NOT state which position you applied to get rejected (so if you applied online to more than 1 position...you won't know which one you got rejected)

3) Account/Profile made on Shoppers' official website states on submitted application that "if Delete button does NOT appear for the application, it means the job is no longer available". Applications I submitted, still have the Delete button on, meaning the job is still available. (Then from which position did I exactly get rejected from?!) Plus, the hiring ad for those positions are still posted on job sites and on official website. Basically got rejected without even an interview, when I'm a certified artist/stylist.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niagara Falls, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Niagara Falls, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

I had the phone interview and with the owner of the franchise, even thou everything going very well, I was told that the process to make a decision could take up to 3 months, time that seem to be very long and probably when they decide, everyone will be already working somewhere else.

Interview Questions

• If I had experience with the work that is done at the front of the house   Answer Question

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Markham, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

One and one interview. Interview went about no more than 20 mintues. Interview went over by my resume and asking me about my previos experience and optium program provide in the store.

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online in August 2016, scheduled a phone interview with HR rep from Loblaws in Brampton right away. Phone interview was pretty straight forward. Your experiences, personality and future plans.

Was scheduled the next interview early September, 2016 with the Inventory Managers at the SDM office in North York. Interviewed by three inventory managers (1.5 hour), each one of them were in charge of different departments. They all had separate questions prepared. Was pretty basic, again experiences, how comfortable I am working with merchandise and so on. What is supply chain?

Then I literally waited for 2 months to hear anything back, I emailed the HR rep twice because they don't share manager's information with candidates for some reason. and the rep never replied. Extremely unprofessional of such a huge company to do that. Finally heard back from the HR rep in November, saying they took long because managers were busy and couldn't decide between me and one other person but they finally went with an internal candidate who was already an intern. Either way making a candidate wait 2 months to hear back is way too much!!

Assistant Front Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied on line. Received a phone call from the pharmacist/owner within a week. Went in for the interview. Met the owner and went to the consultation room. She asked a bit about my back ground and was not familiar with my current position, thought I worked in head office and how would I adapt to working on the floor. She was not prepared. After being asked for references none of my references were called and I was never called back. Very unprofessional. Not impressed with the interview process here. Be prepared for the candidate.

Interview Questions

• First question what is my wage expectation? After that just basic expectations of the job. Then we walked the floor and I was asked what I saw right and wrong. After we walked the floor was asked for my references and that I would hear back the following week.   Answer Question