Shoppers Drug Mart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shoppers Drug Mart Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2017

2.8

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in February 2017.

Interview

Very unprofessional asked discriminating questions and poor distric managers that shpuld of retired long ago do not waste your time going there people working there were fighting in the lobby the first interview the second interview i eas locked out

Interview Questions

• How long do you want to work so unprofessional and disorganized   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niagara Falls, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Niagara Falls, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

I had the phone interview and with the owner of the franchise, even thou everything going very well, I was told that the process to make a decision could take up to 3 months, time that seem to be very long and probably when they decide, everyone will be already working somewhere else.

Interview Questions

• If I had experience with the work that is done at the front of the house   Answer Question

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Markham, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

One and one interview. Interview went about no more than 20 mintues. Interview went over by my resume and asking me about my previos experience and optium program provide in the store.

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online in August 2016, scheduled a phone interview with HR rep from Loblaws in Brampton right away. Phone interview was pretty straight forward. Your experiences, personality and future plans.

Was scheduled the next interview early September, 2016 with the Inventory Managers at the SDM office in North York. Interviewed by three inventory managers (1.5 hour), each one of them were in charge of different departments. They all had separate questions prepared. Was pretty basic, again experiences, how comfortable I am working with merchandise and so on. What is supply chain?

Then I literally waited for 2 months to hear anything back, I emailed the HR rep twice because they don't share manager's information with candidates for some reason. and the rep never replied. Extremely unprofessional of such a huge company to do that. Finally heard back from the HR rep in November, saying they took long because managers were busy and couldn't decide between me and one other person but they finally went with an internal candidate who was already an intern. Either way making a candidate wait 2 months to hear back is way too much!!

Assistant Front Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied on line. Received a phone call from the pharmacist/owner within a week. Went in for the interview. Met the owner and went to the consultation room. She asked a bit about my back ground and was not familiar with my current position, thought I worked in head office and how would I adapt to working on the floor. She was not prepared. After being asked for references none of my references were called and I was never called back. Very unprofessional. Not impressed with the interview process here. Be prepared for the candidate.

Interview Questions

• First question what is my wage expectation? After that just basic expectations of the job. Then we walked the floor and I was asked what I saw right and wrong. After we walked the floor was asked for my references and that I would hear back the following week.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied in store, I filled out a form and was never contacted. But to their credit, they didn't have a for hire sign. I waited for over 20 days and they did not contact me. But I did go in store and saw that they were in the process of training someone. That's when I knew I applied too late and the other person got the job. I have a friend who works at shoppers and says that she got training. She says that the hours are very long (8 hours) and it's hard to balance school and work. But it's good if you need to save up a lot of money for college/university.

Interview Questions

• What job experience do you have?   1 Answer

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, Received an email to go in store for an interview later that week. The manager who interviewed me was very nice. I was nervous before going in for the interview but the manager made me feel very comfortable and the interview was like having a regular conversation. The interview was around 25 minutes. I was expecting very short and simple questions like When are you available? What do you know about Shoppers? Though I was asked these questions, the manager also asked me a bunch of difficult ones (which I cannot recall at the moment) which I found quite hard to answer. Overall, the manager was expecting very specific answers and my answers were not exactly pinpointed to what the manager desired from me.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Really friendly peaple made the atmosphere great talked slowly, asked general questions, realy easy one, first they explained the job and responsibility for every one and then interview every one seperately with straight forward questions, they want to hire 3 person and 30 person showed up ...
    The questions were easy basically and you can find them on internet using Google They even asked me about my futures and my past life ...

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Hamilton, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

The owner asked me a lot of questions about my experience and customer service skills. He also gave me a few scenarios and asked me what I would do. I had to fill out an online questionnaire before my interview. He asked me questions about special projects I have done in the past. I was very happy with the process overall.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call the following week. The interview process is pretty simple. They ask you to fill out a form stating your educational and employment background before you are interviewed. The manager then asks you basic questions about your employment experience, and why you want to work for the company.