Shoppers Drug Mart Cosmetician/Beauty Expert Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shoppers Drug Mart Cosmetician/Beauty Expert Interview Questions

1.5

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cosmetician/Beauty Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Aurora, ON (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online in July 2016, and got an interview a week and a half later with the boutique manager. She brought me to the back of the boutique, and we chatted about my resume, and most of the interview questions were makeup based, so if you know your stuff, you can make a really good impression during the interview. After a 20 minute interview, she told me that I would have to come in for a second interview with the front store manager. He did the same thing, brought me into his office, we chatted about my resume, and why I wanted to work there.

Both my interviews were extremely easy, if you show that you are eager to be there and that you work well in a team, they'll hire you. As for the interview, they ended up doing most of the talking, so just listen attentively and pitch in whenever you can.

I didn't see anyone in the reviews in the same situation as I was, even when both managers were thoroughly impressed with me, they specifically required a list of references before they considered giving me an offer. (I gave them only 3 references, I suppose that would suffice)

Interview Questions

• If a customer approached you for help finding the right foundation, how would you help them? What other things can you assume that the customer may need?   1 Answer
  • Someone comes up to you, and they are looking for a face cream. How can you determine which product is right for them?   1 Answer
  • Why Shoppers?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Shoppers Drug Mart

Cosmetician/Beauty Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Really easy interview, super fast after I applied online and sent my Cover letter and CV. I always wished to work at Shoppers since is very close to my place, so I can take care of my son.

Cosmetician/Beauty Expert Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in February 2012.

Interview

questions that had nothing to do with the job that you are applying

Cosmetician/Beauty Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in February 2009.

Interview

-Two interviews
    The manager that I interviewed with was amazing. She hired me, and was terrific.
    Typical questions, what do you see yourself doing in 5 years? have you had any experience? can you sell? Not a difficult interview.
    She also gave me a mini lesson on skin care and asked me to sell it back to her. It was actually really neat.

Interview Questions

• The only thing that was out of the ordinary was that I had to sell her skin care. However, the job is selling and it is commission based, therefore it wasn't as odd as it may have seemed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

She called me and told me I was hired. She asked me to come in for a 4 hour shift (later that week)to train with the cash register.