Shoppers Drug Mart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shoppers Drug Mart Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Idaho Falls, ID).

Interview

Asked me questions like what my name was and if I was suitable for the position. Also asked about my qualifications and employment history. Asked me if I had any experience and when I'm available.

Pharmacy Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call from their HR department a few hours later. The next morning I had a phone interview. I was told that I would know if I am short listed the next day and if I am successful I will be called for an in person interview by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation and how you dealt with it   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work as a pharmacy assistant?   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2010.

Interview

The company called me for an interview.I attended the interview where I was asked for my previous job experience and my qualifications.They asked me for my availability and why i wanted to work for the company.The asked me what motivates me more at work and if I am an easy going person.

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, Received an email to go in store for an interview later that week. The manager who interviewed me was very nice. I was nervous before going in for the interview but the manager made me feel very comfortable and the interview was like having a regular conversation. The interview was around 25 minutes. I was expecting very short and simple questions like When are you available? What do you know about Shoppers? Though I was asked these questions, the manager also asked me a bunch of difficult ones (which I cannot recall at the moment) which I found quite hard to answer. Overall, the manager was expecting very specific answers and my answers were not exactly pinpointed to what the manager desired from me.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview

It was a lengthy, two person interview with both an assistant manager and the manager. Very friendly, very professional. I would really recommend practicing with a friend, or reviewing with yourself some common difficult interview questions beforehand. Make sure your head is in the game. They select at random from a sheet of questions in front of them, so make sure you're prepared for the hard stuff.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time you had to breach confidentiality with a fellow employee? If so, what happened?   Answer Question
    • Q: Explain a time you made a mistake. How did you handle it?   1 Answer

Post Office Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

Asked me for so many references which I was happy to provide. They all checked out and then she told me I was not a fit for her part-time job working on Sundays for $12.20 an hour. Their business is suffering and the place was quiet. The owner pharmacist looked very stressed.

Pharmacy Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (London, ON (Canada)).

Interview

About an hour in person interview. I was interviewed by the store owner, who was very friendly. Overall, he was very encouraging and clearly explained everything. There was an interview packet of about 15 questions that he wrote my answers down in and rated my responses.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you handled that situation. What are two of your strengths and one of your weaknesses? What can make a team inefficient? Your coworker comes to work exhausted and hardly does any work, how would you handle this situation? What makes you the best candidate for this position? Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult career choice. If someone calls in sick and you have to work by yourself when it is very busy, how would you handle that situation? What do you know about this company? Do you know the store policy?   Answer Question

Cashier Or Photolab Or Post Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

They grilled me, 3 ppl. High tension and anxiety but just gotta keep your cool because they're testing for personality/charisma because they care exponentially for customer service oriented personalities.

Interview Questions

• They asked me,
      - where do you see yourself in 5 yrs?
      - explain how you handled an argumentative customer
      - why would someone shop at my location vs all the others?
      - tell me what your references would say about you right now if I call them
      - explain your work experience
      - Why do you want to work at Shoppers Drug Mart
      - Why did you quit your last job
      Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in St. John's, NL (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (St. John's, NL (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

She asked me many questions, and I got to say they were hard. The questions you see on glassdoor it's a very high chance that's what you will be asked. She had a clipboard with questions on it. Prepare for your interview and what your answers will be and it'll be 100x easier! They choose people today but I thought to add a review.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in November 2011.

Interview

An interrogation, and a lecture on why they don't want to hire students, and how everyone she hired was just terrible and unreliable. They do not like to hire students, but those are predominantly the ones looking for jobs in the city, especially retail and evening hours. Its not a job for someone who cannot do physical labor/standing. Cosmetics worked partly on commission. But the interview is her demanding to know why she should deign to hire you, and basically pleading your case. It wasn't a pleasant scenario. My resume is strong, but if you're a student, she will immediately decide you're unhireable. ( it was other staff who begged her to give me a chance)

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, its a take it or leave it job offer.