Shoppers Drug Mart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shoppers Drug Mart Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2017

2.2

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in November 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and got a call back about three weeks later. The interview was very easy, it didn't even feel like an interview but more like a screening. The manager brought me into a separate room for a couple minutes and asked me about my education, experience and availability. We then went back into the boutique and she gave me information about the job and the store.

Interview Questions

• availability, experience with retail sales & education   Answer Question

Negotiation

my manager was flexible with the schedule

Cashier/Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Was interviewed by both the Associate/Owner and Front Store Manager simultaneously, they were both pleasant and friendly. Only asked me a few questions, but mainly let me take the stage and talk for about 10-15 minutes about why I thought I'd be an asset to the team. They invited me to ask any questions I had at the end, and told me what they were specifically looking for in a cashier, in terms of availability, etc and mentioned that they thought what I had to offer would fit perfectly for their team, which made me feel confident I would receive a job offer. I started the interview feeling nervous, but left excited and satisfied.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what my favorite and least favorite aspects of my current employment were at the time   1 Answer

Merchandiser/Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview was pretty lax. Asked about previous work experiences and why you applied for this position. Asked why they should hire you.

Process was one on one in the back office room. Was hired on the spot after interview.

Interview Questions

• 1) Asked why they should hire you.
      2) What was your previous work experience.
      Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in January 2016.

Interview

One on one interview. Was asked what kind of relevant experience I had and what vision I had for this company. And what I can contribute to the company.
    Do read over your resume you submitted. You will find yourself repeating or reading your resume at the interview

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online in August 2016, scheduled a phone interview with HR rep from Loblaws in Brampton right away. Phone interview was pretty straight forward. Your experiences, personality and future plans.

Was scheduled the next interview early September, 2016 with the Inventory Managers at the SDM office in North York. Interviewed by three inventory managers (1.5 hour), each one of them were in charge of different departments. They all had separate questions prepared. Was pretty basic, again experiences, how comfortable I am working with merchandise and so on. What is supply chain?

Then I literally waited for 2 months to hear anything back, I emailed the HR rep twice because they don't share manager's information with candidates for some reason. and the rep never replied. Extremely unprofessional of such a huge company to do that. Finally heard back from the HR rep in November, saying they took long because managers were busy and couldn't decide between me and one other person but they finally went with an internal candidate who was already an intern. Either way making a candidate wait 2 months to hear back is way too much!!

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in February 2017.

Interview

Very unprofessional asked discriminating questions and poor distric managers that shpuld of retired long ago do not waste your time going there people working there were fighting in the lobby the first interview the second interview i eas locked out

Interview Questions

• How long do you want to work so unprofessional and disorganized   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niagara Falls, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Niagara Falls, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

I had the phone interview and with the owner of the franchise, even thou everything going very well, I was told that the process to make a decision could take up to 3 months, time that seem to be very long and probably when they decide, everyone will be already working somewhere else.

Interview Questions

• If I had experience with the work that is done at the front of the house   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process took quite a while! I applied in-person and the manager called me for an interview about 2-2 1/2 weeks later. The interview took about half hour- 45 minutes but it didn't feel that long because the manager was very friendly and it felt almost like a casual conversation. Make sure to have real and reliable references because the hiring manager did check my references and my previous employers said it felt like they were having a phone interview with her which took about 10 minutes, so for anybody who puts a friend down as a reference I would recommend that you don't! Overall, I had a positive experience and the questions I was asked I found to be easy to answer because I do have the experience and knowledge that they're looking for to fill this position. I was offered the position one week after the interview took place. I did look online to see what kind of questions to expect and the only question she asked me that other people put down was tell me about yourself. I will put down some of the questions she asked me in hopes it might help some of you applying for this position! Every manager is different so you might not get asked these questions but it might help just to think about your answers ahead of time so you don't get stuck or stutter while answering. My advice would be smile, and show that you're confident in yourself.

Interview Questions

• 1.Tell me about yourself.
      2. What was the most difficult customer service experience you've had, how did you handle it?
      3. Have you ever organized an event? Tell me about it, what was the biggest issue you had with planning the event? What did you learn from this experience.
      4. What skills do you possess that will make you a good cosmetician/beauty boutique expert
      5. How will you gain regular customers?
      6. What kind of work environment will keep you motivated to work hard?
      I was asked a few more customer service based questions and also beauty related questions based around beauty trends, what would you recommend for this type of customer/skin type, do you know which products we have, skincare related questions, etc...
      Answer Question

Patient Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online with CV. Had a phone interview which was more of a chat with two typical interview questions: 1. describe a time you dealt with a difficult situation and the other I cant remember. I was then called in for a face to face interview which was again very laid back. At the face to face interview there was a very easy small excel assessment to do.

Low salary and working hours of 3pm - 11pm

Pharmacy Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

I came 15 minutes earlier before the schedule time of interview, and get myself ready with my resume on hand. The employer guided me to the office and we both sit on the chair to do a one to one interview. The process takes about 15 minutes. The employer just ask me some general question and to see how good am I by using the HW SYSTEM.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what is Med check ? what's your experience when you have placement in another pharmacy?   Answer Question