Shoppers Drug Mart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shoppers Drug Mart Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2017

2.2

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niagara Falls, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Niagara Falls, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

I had the phone interview and with the owner of the franchise, even thou everything going very well, I was told that the process to make a decision could take up to 3 months, time that seem to be very long and probably when they decide, everyone will be already working somewhere else.

Interview Questions

• If I had experience with the work that is done at the front of the house   Answer Question

Relief Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barrie, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Barrie, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was contacted by phone, and the next day i was interviewed at the store location. The process was very easy and professional. The associate was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• 1- why do you you want to work for sdm
      2- where do yourself 5 years from now
      3- what is your expected salary
      Answer Question

Negotiation

n/a

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview

It took me almost 24 hours to be interviewed and start my work. It was in November and they needed more staff for Christmas. I dropped my resume at the location to the front store manager. She called me the same day and interviewd me the same day. The day after store manager interviewed me very shortly and Istarted my work the day after.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Let them know what days you want off. In total I liked the process of hiring.

Patient Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online with CV. Had a phone interview which was more of a chat with two typical interview questions: 1. describe a time you dealt with a difficult situation and the other I cant remember. I was then called in for a face to face interview which was again very laid back. At the face to face interview there was a very easy small excel assessment to do.

Low salary and working hours of 3pm - 11pm

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in November 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and got a call back about three weeks later. The interview was very easy, it didn't even feel like an interview but more like a screening. The manager brought me into a separate room for a couple minutes and asked me about my education, experience and availability. We then went back into the boutique and she gave me information about the job and the store.

Interview Questions

• availability, experience with retail sales & education   Answer Question

Negotiation

my manager was flexible with the schedule

Pharmacy Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview

I was asked about my experience and what job duties I did. why do I want to work with them. why do I need the job?. didn't take long to call back.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newmarket, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Newmarket, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and then I got an email 2 weeks later asking for an interview. The store manager interviewed me in his office at the store. It was a pretty chill and relaxing interview. He asked me a few questions, and told me what was required of me if I were to work there. The interview only took about ten minutes. He told me that he would contact me in about 2 weeks if I got the job or not ( since I was the first person he interviewed for the position). He emailed me 2 weeks later saying I got the job. I was very surprised he wanted to hire me, even when I told him about my rugby and volunteer schedules.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview

It was a lengthy, two person interview with both an assistant manager and the manager. Very friendly, very professional. I would really recommend practicing with a friend, or reviewing with yourself some common difficult interview questions beforehand. Make sure your head is in the game. They select at random from a sheet of questions in front of them, so make sure you're prepared for the hard stuff.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time you had to breach confidentiality with a fellow employee? If so, what happened?   Answer Question
    • Q: Explain a time you made a mistake. How did you handle it?   1 Answer

Beauty Expert Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in September 2016.

Interview

I had originally applied on-line and didn't get any immediate response so I followed up by giving my resume in person. Within a week I got a call for an interview. It's was quite painless and personable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Go in confident and positive! Know your worth.

Cashier/Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

My friend put in a good word for me and I was called in for my first interview the few days later. I brought in my resume with me and had a very casual interview with a super nice manager! She asked me a few questions about my previous job and my availability.

Interview Questions

• How many hours are you willing to work per week?   1 Answer