Shoppers Drug Mart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shoppers Drug Mart Interview Questions

Updated Dec 10, 2017

2.2

Pharmacy Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Milton, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Basic Questions about your personality and experience, care about how you will fit into the team most of all. Important to make yourself seem very likable, make as pleasant conversation with interviewer as you can. Basic Questions about your personality and experience, care about how you will fit into the team most of all. Important to make yourself seem very likable, make as pleasant conversation with interviewer as you can

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

It was really casual, basically walked in and had a conversation with manager. Pretty much confirmed everything on my resume and wanted me to elaborate on a few other things. They didn't ask any of the basic questions like strengths or weaknesses, just seemed like they actually wanted to get to know me. Everything went really smooth and the interview didn't last more than 15 minutes.

Pharmacy Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

I filled out the application form, then was given a cal within a week. I was called in for an in-person interview with the store owner and front shop manager.

Beauty Boutique Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowmanville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Bowmanville, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

1) The online systematic application on official website shares 1 cover letter for each position/location you applied to (which I find not so professionally practical, how do you address who it is for then?)

2)LONG wait to get a reply. Rejection received via automatic reply, but does NOT state which position you applied to get rejected (so if you applied online to more than 1 position...you won't know which one you got rejected)

3) Account/Profile made on Shoppers' official website states on submitted application that "if Delete button does NOT appear for the application, it means the job is no longer available". Applications I submitted, still have the Delete button on, meaning the job is still available. (Then from which position did I exactly get rejected from?!) Plus, the hiring ad for those positions are still posted on job sites and on official website. Basically got rejected without even an interview, when I'm a certified artist/stylist.

Pharmacy Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

I went in to give my resume. They called me back for an interview the next day. It was a goodbye experience. The Pharmacy Owner was young and really kind. They tell you about how busy the store is. You should ask them what kind of people they hire.

Pharmacy Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Cambridge, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Very informal and quick. Applied online, got an interview slot, met with the pharmacy owner and discussed customer service skills over pharmaceutical qualifications. Interview lasted about 15 minutes or so and job offer was given on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Asked about how you handle customers who are upset.   2 Answers

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview

Submitted my application online, required even if you drop off resume, and was sent an assesment to do per the store I applied at, was contacted for an interview by the boutique manager a few days later.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Got a call few days later for an interview. It was two person interviewing me in a room in the back. The assistant manager and the manager. Questions were pretty easy, why do you want to work at shoppers drug mart, describe yourself etc. Three days later they called me to ask me to come in.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself?
      Why do you want to work at shoppers drug mart?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process took quite a while! I applied in-person and the manager called me for an interview about 2-2 1/2 weeks later. The interview took about half hour- 45 minutes but it didn't feel that long because the manager was very friendly and it felt almost like a casual conversation. Make sure to have real and reliable references because the hiring manager did check my references and my previous employers said it felt like they were having a phone interview with her which took about 10 minutes, so for anybody who puts a friend down as a reference I would recommend that you don't! Overall, I had a positive experience and the questions I was asked I found to be easy to answer because I do have the experience and knowledge that they're looking for to fill this position. I was offered the position one week after the interview took place. I did look online to see what kind of questions to expect and the only question she asked me that other people put down was tell me about yourself. I will put down some of the questions she asked me in hopes it might help some of you applying for this position! Every manager is different so you might not get asked these questions but it might help just to think about your answers ahead of time so you don't get stuck or stutter while answering. My advice would be smile, and show that you're confident in yourself.

Interview Questions

• 1.Tell me about yourself.
      2. What was the most difficult customer service experience you've had, how did you handle it?
      3. Have you ever organized an event? Tell me about it, what was the biggest issue you had with planning the event? What did you learn from this experience.
      4. What skills do you possess that will make you a good cosmetician/beauty boutique expert
      5. How will you gain regular customers?
      6. What kind of work environment will keep you motivated to work hard?
      I was asked a few more customer service based questions and also beauty related questions based around beauty trends, what would you recommend for this type of customer/skin type, do you know which products we have, skincare related questions, etc...   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niagara Falls, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Niagara Falls, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

I had the phone interview and with the owner of the franchise, even thou everything going very well, I was told that the process to make a decision could take up to 3 months, time that seem to be very long and probably when they decide, everyone will be already working somewhere else.

Interview Questions

• If I had experience with the work that is done at the front of the house   Answer Question